Have you been looking for a way to turn your Zoe Zip Pouch into a pouch that will safely hold your essential oils and prevent them from breaking? If so, look no further as this quick and easy hack for the Zoe Zip Pouch pattern will have your essential oils organized in no time.
1. Follow the original Zoe Zip Pouch instructions steps 1 and 2 to add zipper tabs.
2. Cut two pieces of 1 inch wide elastic approximately 2 inches longer than the width of the pouch. For the small pouch, I cut the elastic to about 9.5 inches.
3. Lay the lining pieces right sides up and pin the elastic to the lining on both sides of the pouch.
4. Insert essential oil bottles and pin elastic to the lining so that the bottles fit snug. Repeat for the other lining piece.
5. After pinning the elastic, measure between the pin markings. My bottles were spaced about 2.5 inches apart. If you prefer to mark the elastic with tailor’s chalk instead of pins, you can draw lines now.
6. Stitch the marked elastic lines and be sure to backstitch on both ends of the elastic.
7. Check to make sure the essential oil bottles fit in the elastic sections.
8. Pick up with step 3 in the original Zoe Zip Pouch pattern instructions.
Enjoy your new Zoe Zip Pouch with essential oils storage. If you aren’t into essential oils, you could use this technique to hold lipstick, nail polish, video game cartridges, guitar picks, and more. The sky’s the limit!