Women’s Curvy Circle Cardie Sewing Pattern
(or 1 credits)
*This listing for the Circle Cardie includes the same pattern files as this one (both include pattern pieces in Women’s AND Women’s Curvy sizing). If you have previously purchased this pattern in our original Women’s sizing, you do not need to buy it again. You will already have access to the expanded size range in My Downloads in your My Account area.
This circle cardie pattern is a quick, easy sew with stunning results. The waterfall drape down the front makes it perfect for both thinner and thicker warm fabrics. You can adjust it to suit your style with two different lengths, three hem options and three sleeve options.
Instant download digital sewing pattern. Includes Women’s sizes 1-10 & Women’s Curvy sizes 6C-15C.
- Two length options: short and long
- Three hem options: plain, band, and ruffle
- Three sleeve options: sleeveless, three-quarter, and full length
- Beginner friendly
- Waterfall front edge
- No side seams
- Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
- Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
- Instant-download digital sewing pattern
- Your fabric needs to be at least 40% stretch to fit as designed.
- The stretch recovery is just as important as the stretch percentage. Good recovery will ensure your cardie maintains its fit and shape longer without becoming baggy.
- Both 4-way and 2-way stretch fabric will work well. A fabric with 4-way stretch will give more drape than a 2-way stretch. It will also swing and swish more along the 'waterfall' style front edge.
- Light to medium weight stretch fabrics such as jersey, silk satin with elastine, and silk jersey with elastine will give a lovely drape and swing.
- Warmer and heavier fabrics such as sweater knits, hacci knits, stretch wool, and interlock will give a snugger, cozy look with less drape.
- The other property to consider is how open the weave is. A tight weave such as jersey will give a more solid look than a more open weave such as a stretch wool or some sweater knits which can look more like a knitted garment.
- Thread to match
- Optional clear elastic (may be used to stabilize some fabrics, especially in the shoulder seams)
- Sewing machine
- Pins or clips
- Serger/Overlocker is optional but not required
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.
“The fit is perfect and you can wear dressed up or casual. This pattern is total LOVE!”
Buy More Credits