Women’s Curvy Basic Underwear Sewing Pattern
$12.50 (or 1 credits)
*This listing for the Basic Underwear includes the same pattern files as this one (both include pattern pieces in Women’s AND Women’s Curvy sizing). If you have previously purchased this pattern in our original Women’s sizing, you do not need to buy it again. You will already have access to the expanded size range in My Downloads in your My Account area.
This comfortable underwear pattern fits well and has full bum coverage. There are three rise options, optional elastic and band finishes, as well as the option of having unlined or fully lined knickers.
Instant download digital sewing pattern. Includes Women’s sizes 1-10 & Women’s Curvy sizes 6C-15C.
- Three rise options: low (hipster), mid (belly-button), and high (waist)
- Optional elastic: picot, fold-over, and fully-enclosed
- Optional band finishes
- Optional lining including lining with power mesh to give additional tummy support
- Optional decorative bow
- Beginner friendly
- Full bum coverage
- Packed with pro tips and expert advice
- Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
- Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
- Instant-download digital sewing pattern
Fabric - You will need a stretch/knit fabric. It can be any weight; however, best results and fit will be achieved with a medium weight fabric such as jersey or cotton lycra.
- Both 4-way stretch and 2-way stretch fabrics will work. For 2-way stretch fabrics, take care to place the pattern pieces as indicated for the grainlines so that the stretch runs at right angles to the grainline.
- Your fabric will need to have at least 40% stretch to get the fit as it's designed.
- The stretch recovery of your fabric is just as important as the stretch percentage. This will ensure your underwear maintains its shape and fit for as long as possible and not become baggy.
Browse suitable fabrics here:
You will also need:
- Elastic OPTIONS ⅜ inch wide - approximately 2.2 yards will be sufficient for all sizes:
- Picot Elastic
- OR Encased Elastic - use Knitted or Lingerie Elastic
- OR Fold Over Elastic
- OPTIONAL Decorative bow - 1x small lingerie satin bow
- Thread to match
- Sewing machine
- Pins or clips
- Ruler or tape measure
- Serger/Overlocker is optional but not required.
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.
“Coverage, fit, and, options are fantastic. Love this pattern.”
Buy More Credits
Mandy Jayne Tustin –
Love this pattern, it’s so easy to follow, with fantastic instructions. There’s so many variations to make, that underwear no longer has to be boring.!
Tanya Vivier –
Started this pattern as yet another underwear pattern. Was I in for a pleasant surprise. The fit is perfect. No tugging, rolling or sagging. The underwear stayed put all day long. There definitely will be many more of these in the very near future.
Urška Filipič –
Quick and easy sew. I like the possibilities the pattern offers.
Eline Ghesquiere –
“Altough I don’t particurarly like the baggy fit of these, they sew up as fast as lightning, the second pair only took me a little over half an hour, I can’t go to the store to buy new underwear in that time.
As usual, the instructions are superclear.
I would however mention something about a gusset lining should be in (knit) cotton fabric, for hygienic purposes and to prevent odours.”
Meghan Logsdon –
Easy sew! Fits true to size and I love being able to buy fun patterns!!!
Easy to sew and you have new underwear in no-time
Jessica La –
I love the perfect fit for curvy bodies and how easy they are made. Also the instructions guide very clearly trough the different finishing options.
Angel Jordan –
Great sew! For someone with a 10 inch difference between my waist and hips this was a welcome adjustment to the basic panty pattern. I made the high rise and the fit is super comfortable.
Samantha Burton –
Amazing pattern. Very comfortable and fits very very well. I am extremely happy with the turn out of these underwear!