Racerback Bralette Sewing Pattern
Sew your new favorite wireless bra with this comfortable and versatile two-piece racerback bralette sewing pattern. Featuring an optional crop top design or bra design with hook-and-eye closures, and optional strap styles that can be made adjustable or not. This Wireless bra design is great for long wear and can be reinforced with power mesh for additional support.
Instant download digital sewing pattern. Includes sizes 28AA – 48M
• Optional pull-on-over-the-head crop top style and underbust elastic
• Optional standard bra style with hook-and-eye closure and enclosed elastic
• Optional straight or scooped back
• Optional straight, criss-cross, or racerback straps
• Optional adjustable straps
• Optional overlay
• Wireless design for maximum comfort
• Optional power mesh for additional support
• Beginner friendly
• Two-piece bra with a v-neck front
• Lace detail for racerback option
• Packed with pro tips and expert advice
• Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
• Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
• Instant-download digital sewing pattern
Main & Lining Fabric - You will need any light or medium weight stretch knit fabric for the Racerback Bralette. The same fabric can be used for the main and the lining, and should have at least a 30% 4-way stretch to achieve the intended fit.
OPTIONAL Overlay - You can add an overlay to the outer of the bra. You will need a 4-way stretch fabric with good recovery e.g. lace, mesh.
OPTIONAL Power Mesh – For additional support you can add a 4-way stretch power mesh to your front and back lining.
Browse suitable fabrics here:
- Strap Elastic: 1.5 yards of ⅜-inch wide with a maximum of 50% stretch for cups AA – F or ¾ -inch wide with a maximum of 50% stretch for cups G – M
- Optional rings and sliders for adjustable straps: 4x O-Rings and 2x OPTIONAL Sliders, or just 2x O-Rings if you are not adding Sliders. Check your rings and sliders match the width of your strap elastic. If you are sewing the Racerback OPTION, you need 2x O-Rings, but sliders are not needed.
- 1.5 yards of 1-2-inch wide lingerie elastic for optional underbust band
- 2.5 x yards of ⅜ inch wide elastic
- Optional hook-and-eye closures
- Thread to match
- Sewing machine
- Pins or clips
- Ruler or tape measure
- Optional zipper foot
- Tailor's chalk/ fabric pen
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.
“Perfect beginner pattern! Great instructions and help for sizing – love this pattern; I want to wear one every day!”