Toy Mat & Storage Bin
The Toy Mat & Storage Bin is the perfect sew to add organization to your little one’s play. Not only is this a storage bin with convenient handles on the side, but it also has an attached toy mat inside. The storage bin also has a top with its own handle. The toy mat features a drawstring allowing for toys to be kept inside the mat and placed into the storage bin without falling out. Plus there is an optional pocket for small toys that need to be zipped into place.
Instant download digital sewing pattern. The finished Toy Mat is 58 inches wide by 53.5 inches high. The Storage Bin is 15 inches wide by 12 inches high.
• Optional zipper pocket
• Optional top handle
• Beginner friendly
• Side handles on bin
• Lid for the bin
• Storage Mat that is attached to inside of bin
• Perfect for any small toys you want to keep together
• Packed with pro tips and expert advice
• Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
• Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
• Instant-download digital sewing pattern
- Storage Bin - You will need a woven or non-stretch fabric. Cotton, quilting cotton, flannel, denim, cotton lawn, canvas or upholstery fabric would work. For a more stable bin, we recommend at least one heavy weight fabric.
- Toy Mat - Suitable fabrics are medium weight woven fabrics (e.g. 100% cotton, quilting cotton, rayon). If you wish to have the mat wipe clean, you could use a shower or water-proof fabric such as PUL, nylon, softshell, or ripstop.
- 60 inches wide High Loft Fusible Fleece Interfacing - approximately 1.25 yards.
- NOTE - There are many other types of stabilizers that can be used, they may effect the finished look if they are not similar to the Fusible Fleece.
- OPTIONAL Bias Binding - Double fold bias binding that is 1/2 inch wide when finished. You can buy/make 1 inch wide single fold bias binding and fold in half down its center line to make 1/2 inch wide. Approximately 4.25 yards will be sufficient. If you would like to create your own Bias Binding please use our free tutorial on making Bias Binding.
- 3/4 inch wide sew in hook and loop tape - approximately 5 inches will be sufficient for all pieces.
- TIP - Using adhesive backed hook and loop tape is not recommended. The adhesive will cause your needle to become sticky and can cause harm to your sewing machine.
- 1.5 inch wide Webbing - You will need 2 x 13 inch long pieces for the side handles.
- 4 x 1/2 wide Eyelet hardware
- OPTIONAL 1x Zipper - 10 inches - if making Zip Pocket.
- Thread to match
- Sewing machine
- Pins or clips
- Tape measure or ruler
- Serger/Overlocker is optional but not required.
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.
“Very useful and practical pattern. Very easy to come together and yields a great end product!”
Buy More Credits