Tie Shoulder Handbag
(or 1 credits)
The Tie Shoulder Bag is an adorable accessory for day or night! Large enough to hold your necessities without being overwhelming, this bag is simple to make and even simpler to wear. The tie handle allows customization of the length, so it fits the wearer beautifully. Pick your favorite silky fabrics for a luxurious feel, or add some flair with quilting cotton to highlight your favorite things! The versatility is sure to make this one a staple in your closet.
Instant download digital sewing pattern. The finished bag is 15 inches wide by 11 inches high.
• Use silky fabric or any fabric of your liking for the adorable tie handle
• Beginner friendly
• Snap closure
• Tie handle
• Great for gifting
• Packed with pro tips and expert advice
• Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
• Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
• Instant-download digital sewing pattern
- All fabrics should be non-stretch, woven fabrics. Very thick fabrics are not recommended as it can make the sewing through multiple layers very difficult.
- Main Fabric - 0.75 yards will be sufficient. We recommend tweed, home décor fabrics, canvas, and more for the outside of the bag.
- Lining Fabric - 0.75 yards will be sufficient. We recommend something lighter weight than the outer fabric, a silk taffeta, quilting cotton, or crepe.
- Tie Fabric - 1 yard will be sufficient. This can be the same fabric as your lining. We recommend something lighter than the outer fabric, a silk taffeta, quilting cotton, or crepe. If you choose a very lightweight fabric, additional interfacing is recommended for one side of each Tie.
- Magnetic Snap - 1x 3/4 - 1 inch wide
- Interfacing - 2 yards of 20 inch wide high loft fusible fleece, plus additional as needed depending on your Tie fabric choices.
- Thread to match
- Sewing machine
- Pins or clips
- Tape measure or ruler
- Serger/Overlocker is optional but not required.
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.
“The Tie Shoulder Handbag was a rewarding make. It’s a great project to start your bag making journey and to learn new skills. ”
Buy More Credits