Sunny Day Dress
$14.50 (or 1 credits)
The Sunny Day Dress will be your favorite new sundress sewing pattern! The Sunny Day Dress is lined and elasticated at the top and bottom of the bodice. The bodice can be left plain, or add one or two flounces. The flowing loose-fitting maxi dress has a slightly dipped back hem, with the back side seam and center back seam shaped into the small of the back, then flared out. Leave the dress strapless, or sew the optional tie, or optional straps to make this the perfect summer dress.
Instant download digital sewing pattern. Includes Women’s Sizes 1-10 and Women’s Curvy Sizes 6C-15C.
Note – The pattern is modeled here in our Women’s 1-10 sizing. When you purchase, you will receive both our Women’s 1-10 AND Women’s Curvy 6C-15C sizing (you get all the sizes).
• Optional Single or Double Flounce
• Optional Tie or Straps
• Optional High Low hem
• Optional Ruffle
• Optional Knee or Maxi length
• Beginner friendly
• Fully lined Bodice
• Elastic in Bodice top and bottom
• Packed with pro tips and expert advice
• Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
• Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
• Instant-download digital sewing pattern
- You can use nearly any light or medium weight woven or knit fabric for this dress.
- You can use the same fabric for main and lining.
- 1/2 inch wide elastic -
- Sizes 1-10 - approximately 2.8 yards will be sufficient.
- Sizes 6C-15C - approximately 4 yards will be sufficient.
- OPTIONAL Bias Binding for Flounce - double fold bias tape that is 3/8 inches wide when finished. You can buy/make 3/4 inch single fold bias tape and fold it down its center line.
- Sizes 1-10 - approximately 4.2 yards for a double flounce.
- Sizes 6C-15C - approximately 4.9 yards for a double flounce.
- NOTE - If using knit fabric, you will need 5 yards of 1 1/2 inch wide strips of fabric. It does not need to be cut on the bias.
- Thread to match.
- Sewing machine
- Pins or clips
- Tape Measure or ruler
- Tailors chalk/fabric pen
- Safety Pin
- Bodkin or turning loop
- Serger is optional but not required
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.
“This dress is amazing! There are so many different variations to mix and match, the options are endless. Love that you can use woven or knit!”
Buy More Credits
April Moore –
This dress is amazing! There are so many different variations to mix and match, the options are endless. Love that you can use woven or knit!
Bunfod Orsi –
Gorgeous dress for summer!
Jasmine Chandler –
Very quick and easy sew with many possibilities.
Luana Furlanetto –
This pattern is easy to make, but what I love the most is the versatility! It has a lot of options and it works for both woven and knit fabrics. I made my first version in ITY (knit) and I can’t wait to make another one in a woven fabric!