Shoo Fly Topper (Includes Pattern)
Finished size of project: 34” x 34”
In this class we will be using a layer cake (precut 10” square fabric bundle) to make a wall hanging or square table topper. I will be sharing tips for working with precut fabric, as well as showing you some tips that I use when I sew to make sure you get accurate blocks and a beautiful end result! We will talk about finding an accurate seam allowance, cutting precuts, making half square triangles, squaring up half square triangles and the finished blocks, and a fun and easy way to sew on sashing. I end with showing the correct way to measure and put on the borders so your quilt will be “square” in the end.
SKILL LEVEL: CONFIDENT BEGINNER
Class Duration: 32 minutes
Teacher: Susan Pfau
- 1 x layer cake. I used one that had multiple reds, creams, and blues. You can pick one out with different colors and it will work just as well!
- 2x fat quarters of cream background fabric just in case you don’t have enough cream in your layer cake.
- 1/3 yard of blue fabric for the sashing if you want the sashing to be all from one fabric.
- 1/2 yard of blue fabric for the binding
- Square quilter’s ruler, either 12 ½” or 6 ½” square
- Rotary cutter and mat
- 6” x 24” quilter’s ruler
- Sharpened pencil to mark the fabric
- Seam ripper
- Optional ¼” marking tool to make half square triangle
This is an online class. After purchase, your class will appear in your account area and you can watch at any time.