Shapewear Sewing Pattern
Sew perfectly-fitting shapewear in a few hours! Smooth, discreet, and comfortable, the Shapewear Sewing Pattern features two style options, two waist options, leg and waist elastic, and optional interlining for additional support, and minimal seams.
Instant download digital sewing pattern. Includes sizes XXS-5XL
• Optional briefs or mid-thigh shorts
• Optional high or regular waist
• Optional interlining for additional support
• Beginner friendly
• Minimal seams for easy sewing and no VPL
• Center front panel
• Inner thigh panel (shorts option)
• Elastic at the legs and waist for additional support
• Get your preferred level of control based on fabric choice
• Packed with pro tips and expert advice
• Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
• Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
• Instant-download digital sewing pattern
Fabric – You will need a stretch/knit fabric with at least 30% stretch. If you would like a higher compression fit use a tricot, power mesh or a high spandex athletic or swim knit. If you are sewing the shapewear for a smoothing fit, use a cotton spandex or a lower percentage spandex athletic or swim knit.
Lining Fabric – You can use the same fabric as above, or a cotton knit or cotton spandex for the gusset.
OPTIONAL Interlining – If you would like extra support or compression you can add a layer of interlining. We recommend using power mesh. You can also use tricot or a second layer of your main fabric if it isn't too bulky.
Browse suitable fabrics here:
- 1.25 yards of waist elastic. If you are enclosing it, use ⅜ inch wide elastic. If you are leaving it exposed use any width soft plush backed lingerie elastic or regular elastic
- Optional 1.25 yards of shorts hem elastic. If you are enclosing it, use ⅜ inch wide elastic. If you are leaving it exposed use any width soft plush backed lingerie elastic or regular elastic
- Optional 1.75 yards of ⅜ inch wide briefs hem elastic.
- Sewing machine
- Pins or clips
- Tape measure or ruler
- Disappearing ink pen or tailor's chalk
Open this in UX Builder to add and edit contentA serger or overlocker is optional but not required.
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.
“How wonderful it is to be able to make my own shapewear! It can cost a lot when I need shapewear for different purposes. Now I just whip up a pair with shorts or lower or higher waistline. They fit great because they were made for my size. Definitely give this pattern a try if you need shapewear.”