Sew A Midi Skirt Class:
Learn to sew a midi skirt using knit fabric. You’ll love the perfect and easy fit skirt! You’ll want to keep making them in all the fabrics.
In this class you will learn to make a simple jersey midi-skirt with an elasticated waistband.
You will learn how to take your measurements, cut your fabric and create an easy to wear skirt to fit you and that you’ll love wearing. As sewing with knits can sometimes be a bit daunting, we’ll talk you through the whole process to sew a midi skirt!
Skill Level: Beginner
Class Duration: 55 minutes
Teacher: Eve & Sharon
Format: This is an online class. After purchase, your class will appear in your account area and you can watch at any time.
Supplies for the Sew a Midi Skirt Tutorial
- FABRIC: To work out your fabric requirement. Take your ideal skirt length and add 5″ to calculate the length of your fabric required Take your hip measurement, at the widest part, and add 1″ (for seam allowance) to calculate the minimum width you need ( Consider shrinkage when looking for jerseys and prewash before you begin! We recommend using a cotton or modal knit fabric with at least a 5% elastane content )
- Polyester sewing thread.
- Ballpoint, stretch or jersey machine needle.
- 1″ wide elastic – enough to wrap around your waist with an overlap ( Any width between 3/4″ – 1 1/2″ will be fine if you have it in your stash! )
- Safety pin
- Marking tool – chalk or fabric pen
- Ruler Plus, the usual sewing equipment – sewing machine, scissors, tape measure, pins, iron
How do online classes work? Simply purchase, click on the link in your ‘My Account’ area and watch! You’ll find the class broken down into easy-to-watch chunks on the class page. Simply start with the first video and follow along. You can watch on any computer, tablet or mobile.
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns and classes inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.