Drawstring Backpack Sewing Pattern
(or 1 credits)
This drawstring backpack pattern is fun and easy to make as well as being very practical. There are sizes to fit from a toddler to an adult and depending on the fabric, the backpack can be used for any activity.
Instant download digital sewing pattern.
- Optional adjustable straps
- Optional piping
- Beginner friendly
- Drawstring fastening
- External pocket
- Packed with pro tips and expert advice
- Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
- Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
- Instant-download digital sewing pattern
- Drawstring - this can be of any thickness, 1 yard.
- OPTIONAL: Grommets x2 - you can use button holes for the drawstring holes, or grommets.
- Medium weight interfacing - 1/4 yard.
- OPTIONAL: Piping - 1 yard home décor, or faux leather, or add piping around the bottom of the Backpack to create different looks.
- OPTIONAL Hardware for adjustable straps - 1 1/8 inches straps.
- Thread to match.
- Sewing machine
- Pins or clips
- Tape measure or ruler
Open this in UX Builder to add and edit contentA serger or overlocker is optional but not required.
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.
“I had so much fun making this, it was such a lovely pattern. The pattern was easy to cut out and sewed up lovely.”
Buy More Credits