Safari Pack – Magical Round Purse
$8.50 (or 1 credits)
Make your next sew a safari adventure! This fun round purse with a zipper closure is brimming with fun safari animal options! Choose to make a flamingo, or lion with two mane options, sloth, elephant, or giraffe, or craft your own animal to join the safari! Add the optional zipper pocket or inner pockets for some storage and your new safari purse is ready for exploring with you!
Instant download digital sewing pattern. The finished purse is 10 inches in diameter with a depth of 4 inches.
• Optional outside pocket
• Optional inside pocket
• Two Lion options
• Elephant option
• Sloth option
• Giraffe option
• Flamingo option
• Beginner Friendly
• Zipper closure
• Adjustable Strap
• Packed with pro tips and expert advice
• Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
• Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
• Instant-download digital sewing pattern
- 2 x 1.5 inch wide D-ring
- 1 x Sliders (same width as your webbing)
- 1 - 1.25 inch wide webbing, 40 inches will be sufficient.
- Padding - You can use a wadding, batting, or even fleece to pad the Straps - approximately 0.75 - 2 yards will be sufficient.
- 1 x Zipper - 18 inches long.
- OPTIONAL ZIPPER POCKET - 1x 7 inch zipper per zipper pocket.
- OPTIONAL Batting/Interfacing - You can add interfacing to all pieces or batting to all pieces except the pockets. If you are using a light weight fabric (e.g. Quilting Cotton) for the purse, you will need to add batting/interfacing to stabilize it. If you are using a heavy weight fabric that is not needed. You will need approximately 1.5 - 2.5 yards.
- OPTIONAL Fusible Fleece - Approximately 1/2 yard will be sufficient. You will need this if you are making the Flamingo, Elephant, Giraffe, or Lion.
- OPTIONAL Fusible Webbing e.g. Pellon 805 Wonder-Under, 'heat-n-bond', 'bondaweb', fusible web, or iron-on adhesive. Approximately 1/4 yard will be sufficient. Alternatively, you can use fabric glue to stick your pieces down.
- OPTIONAL Embroidery Thread for the Sloth, Elephant, Giraffe, and Lion.
- OPTIONAL Personalization - vinyl, fabric paints, scraps of fabrics for applique can be used.
- Thread to match
- Sewing machine
- Pins or clips
- Optional wash away sewing tape
- Tailor's chalk or disappearing ink pen
- Tape measure or ruler
- Serger/Overlocker is optional but not required.
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.
“What a fun sew! If you like original bags, this is the one to make! Good instructions, if you have a little sewing experience in bag making you will find this pattern easy to sew up!”
Buy More Credits
Hughes Papaleo Tomorrow –
Such a cute pattern to bring your own personality in and have fun customizing for a one of a kind bag!
Chubs Pineda –
What a fun sew! If you like original bags, this is the one to make! Good instructions, if you have a little sewing experience in bag making you will find this pattern easy to sew up