Ruched Swimsuit Sewing Pattern
A beginner-friendly, classic swimsuit sewing pattern for everybody, the Ruched Swimsuit features a square neckline and thick straps, optional plain or ruched front panel, and an optional high or low scooped back.
Instant download digital sewing pattern. Includes sizes XXS-5XL
• Optional plain or ruched front panel
• Optional high or low scooped back
• Optional powermesh for tummy support
• Optional bust support panel
• Beginner friendly
• Square neckline and thick straps
• Center front panel
• Full bum coverage
• Packed with pro tips and expert advice
• Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
• Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
• Instant-download digital sewing pattern
Main Fabric - This swimsuit has been designed for 4-way stretch swim fabrics with a stretch of 40-50%.
- Typically similar to swim fabrics.
- Good example is halenka lining as its soft and stretchy, however can be transparent.
OPTIONAL Power Mesh - You can also add 4-way stretch power mesh to the centre front and side panels for extra support.
Browse suitable fabrics here:
- 3/8-inch wide Cotton swimwear elastic - approximately 3 yards will be sufficient for all sizes.
- Elastic recommended is one with a cotton/rubber blend as it will last longer with chlorine exposure.
- OPTIONAL Bust Support Panel - can use a wider elastic at the hem.
- Do not use clear elastic - it is not strong enough.
- Thread to match - polyester is best as it stretches
- Sewing machine
- Optional twin needle
- Pins or clips
- Tape measure or ruler
- Tailor's chalk/fabric pen
Open this in UX Builder to add and edit contentA serger or overlocker is optional but not required.
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.
“Good clear instructions and always. The cut and style are really flattering.”