Open Back Blouse Sewing Pattern
(or 1 credits)
Add extra wow factor to your sewing with this beautiful open back top! The elegant Open Back Blouse features billowy sleeves with a deep cuff, a dramatic waist tie, optional bodice support, and a high-neck collar or V-neck.
Instant download digital sewing pattern. Includes sizes XXS-5XL
• Optional interlining for bust support
• Optional high neck or V-neck bodice with princess seams
• Advanced-beginner friendly
• Double layers – inner v-neck bodice and outer, blousy top
• Rouleau loops and buttons
• Vintage-inspired billowy sleeves with deep cuffs
• Open back finished with a waist tie
• Packed with pro tips and expert advice
• Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
• Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
• Instant-download digital sewing pattern
Main Fabric - You will need any light or medium weight woven (non-stretch) fabric for this blouse. However, your fabric choice will be critical in how the garment fits and moves so please choose with the end look you are wanting in mind:
- A light weight woven such as a chiffon, organza, or georgette will be billowy and floaty looking.
- A light to mid weight woven such as a cotton lawn, cotton voile, silk, rayon, silk crepe, crepe de chine, taffeta or silk satin will drape.
Lining Fabric – It needs to be a light to medium weight woven fabric. Suitable fabrics include Habotai (silk or polyester), poly anti-static lining, cotton, quilting cotton, and satin.
OPTIONAL Interlining - Our favorite fabric for this is Coutil, but you can use a medium-weight woven with a little give such as twill, gabardine drill, or other similar weight fabrics. You can use Interfacing as an alternative to Interlining.
Browse suitable fabrics here:
- 12 x shank buttons (max width ½ inch/ 1cm)
- ½ a yard Light-weight iron-on interfacing
- 1 x yard ¼ inch wide (when finished) bias tape
- Optional extra 1 x yard ¼ inch wide (when finished) bias tape for rouleau loops
- Sewing machine
Open this in UX Builder to add and edit contentA serger or overlocker is optional but not required.
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.
“Instructions were great because of how well the pattern is drafted… with thoughtful photos with helpful notes throughout. Overall, I’m a big fan because it’s very perfect for a variety of fabrics and as many RP patterns gives you a couple of options which cover all tastes… I would recommend because the pattern is very on trend and the info given throughout the instructions are perfect for beginners looking to gain more skills..”
Buy More Credits