$9.50 (or 1 credits)
This Messenger Bag pattern will hold everything you need for a day out running errands, a night with friends, or whatever adventures call to you! The messenger bag includes a zipper pocket for security and an outer pocket with a snap closure. Plus, you can choose from one of three strap options to make the purse of your dreams!
This is a quick beginner-level sew that you’ll be proud to use or gift!
Instant download digital sewing pattern. The finished bag is 10 inches wide by 13 inches high with a depth of 4 inches.
• Optional fabric strap
• Optional leather strap
• Optional webbing strap
• Beginner friendly
• Snap closure
• Zipper pocket
• Snap closure slip pocket
• Great for gifting
• Packed with pro tips and expert advice
• Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
• Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
• Instant-download digital sewing pattern
- You will need a woven or non-stretch fabric. Cotton, quilting cotton, denim, cotton lawn, canvas or upholstery fabric would work. You could use a faux leather/leather or suede, but you will need the correct machine and needle to work with this fabric as there are lots of layers that need sewing together.
- 1 x 7 inch
- We recommend using a #8 or #10 Nylon Zipper
- NOTE - A longer zipper can be used and trimmed down to size
- 1 x 7 inch
- 2x Magnetic Snap - 3/8 inch to 1 inch
- 3x 1 1/2 inch slider
- 20 inch wide High Loft Fusible Fleece Interfacing - approximately 3 yards will be sufficient
- NOTE - There are many other types of stabilizers that can be used, they may affect the finished look if they are not similar to Fusible Fleece
- NOTE - If you are using thick fabric, we recommend omitting Fusible Fleece from all lining pieces, except for the Front Lining, to reduce bulk
- 2x 1 1/2 inch Metal Rectangle Buckle Ring
- Straps: Choose One:
- 1.5 Inch Strap Leather: 1.75 yards will be sufficient
- 1.5 Inch Wide Webbing - 1.75 yards will be sufficient
- Fabric Strap - Follow directions below for a fabric strap
- OPTIONAL 4x 3/8 inch wide Rivets for Leather Strap
- Thread to match
- Sewing machine
- Pins or clips
- Tailor's chalk or disappearing ink pen
- Optional zipper foot
- Optional walking foot
- Cutting mat
- Rotary cutter or Scissors
- Tape measure or ruler
- Serger/Overlocker is optional but not required.
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.
“This bag turned out so well! It was my first time using magnetic clasps and the instructions made it so easy!”
Buy More Credits
Branka Celic –
Messenger bag for your everyday essentials hold a bunch. Easy detailed instructions to follow.
Diane Cullum –
This is a nice roomy bag with nice big pockets and some professional finishes!
Alecia Brown –
Really easy to make and so quick, My teen and I had it done in a few hrs. And I used it to teach my teen some sewing techniques.
Joelene Montgomery –
This bag turned out so well! It was my first time using magnetic clasps and the instructions made it so easy!
Lieve Cox –
This is a terrific pattern for a usefull bag. It is big enough and yet not a heavy supersized bag.
Debbie Groves –
Great pattern, easy to sew too! Large enough to carry all my daily items around with me – and it has pockets!