Magical Round Purse
Add some magic into your sewing with the Magical Round Purse pattern. This large round zipper purse is versatile and fun with options for plain, multiple animal options to choose from; cat, unicorn, doll face, or plain with trim. Add an optional pocket inside or out to add organization and storage to your new favorite purse!
Instant download digital sewing pattern. The finished purse has a diameter of 10 inches with a depth of 4 inches.
• Optional outside pocket
• Optional inside pocket
• Doll option
• Unicorn option
• Cat option
• Plain option
• Trim option
• Beginner Friendly
• Zipper closure
• Adjustable Strap
• Packed with pro tips and expert advice
• Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
• Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
• Instant-download digital sewing pattern
- 2 x 1.5 inch wide D-ring
- 1 x Sliders (same width as your webbing)
- 1 - 1.25 inch wide webbing, 40 inches will be sufficient.
- Padding - You can use a wadding, batting, or even fleece to pad the Straps - approximately 0.75 - 2 yards will be sufficient.
- 1 x Zipper - 18 inches long.
- OPTIONAL ZIPPER POCKET - 1x 7 inch zipper per zipper pocket.
- OPTIONAL Pompom or other trim - 4 yards will be sufficient.
- OPTIONAL Batting/Interfacing - You can add interfacing to all pieces or batting to all pieces except the pockets. If you are using a light weight fabric (e.g. Quilting Cotton) for the purse, you will need to add batting/interfacing to stabilize it. If you are using a heavy weight fabric that is not needed. You will need approximately 1.5 - 2.5 yards.
- OPTIONAL Fusible Webbing e.g. Pellon 805 Wonder-Under, 'heat-n-bond', 'bondaweb', fusible web, or iron-on adhesive. You will need this if you are making the Unicorn, Doll, or Cat. Approximately 1/4 yard will be sufficient. Alternatively, you can use fabric glue to stick your pieces down.
- Cat OPTION - Embroidery Thread for the cat's whiskers.
- OPTIONAL Personalization - vinyl, fabric paints, scraps of fabrics for applique can be used.
- Thread to match
- Sewing machine
- Pins or clips
- Optional wash away sewing tape
- Tape measure or ruler
- Serger/Overlocker is optional but not required.
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.
“I loved making this purse! It was fun to be focused on the project and to get such a lovely outcome. You can use such a variety of fabrics or design it with the different faces that come with the pattern. And the purse can fit a lot of items in it without noticing from the outside – not bulky or jamming things in!”