“Let’s Get Organized” Caddy (Includes Pattern)
Let’s get organized for the holidays! We shall sew an Organizer Caddy that you can use yourself or for gift giving. We shall sew slip pockets, pleated pockets and try our hand at quilting and binding.
SKILL LEVEL: ADVENTUROUS BEGINNER
Class Duration: 39 minutes
Teacher: Linda Maki
- Typical woven fabrics like lightweight denim and quilting cotton are good choices for this pattern.
- 1 yard or 1 metre of FABRIC for the Outer and Lining Layers, not suitable for “directional” fabrics
- 1 yard or 1 metre of ACCENT FABRIC
- One package of 1 1/2” (4 cm) wide BIAS TAPE, at least 4 yards (3.7 m)
- FOAM, like BY ANNIES SOFT & STABLE, ONE piece at least 24” x 12” (60 cm x 30 cm) and TWO pieces at least 8 1/2” x 8 1/2” (22 cm x 22 cm)
- 2 yards or 2 metres of LIGHT WEIGHT INTERFACING, like PELLON SF101 SHAPEFLEX
- Sewing machine with a Regular sewing foot, a narrow zipper foot and a “stitch in the ditch” or edge stitch foot are helpful, but not necessary!
- Universal needle: 90/14 for medium weight fabric
- Iron for fusing interfacing and pressing fabric
- Matching 100% Polyester thread
- Fabric marker
- Washable Double sided fabric tape (DST), like Wondertape
- PELLON PELTEX instead of the FOAM for the SIDE PANEL pieces, but only if your machine can handle the stiffness and thickness, TWO pieces at least 8 1/2” x 8 1/2” (22 cm x 22 cm)
This is an online class. After purchase, your class will appear in your account area and you can watch at any time.
There are no reviews yet.