We simply adore the flair and class of all things vintage here at RP HQ. With this ladies vintage blouse sewing pattern the supremely feminine and elegantly chic styles of days gone by can be recreated at home.
The Very Vintage Blouse offers heirloom quality and a perfectly unique garment. Go from the extremely retro and romantic to the minimalistic modern. Or a wonderful mix of creativity and beauty in between.
A wonderfully billowy sleeve, gathered bust, and pin-tucked bodice, paired with gorgeous Posy Pleated Pants, and some Mary Janes is vintage perfection. A straight sleeve, and clean-lined darted bodice worn with a pair of Slim Fit Cargos, heels, and a Taylor Trench or Kingston Jacket is city sophistication. Or mix it up and go with all the vintage bells and whistles for your blouse, worn with the sleek lines of a contemporary silhouette. Your styling options are truly endless!
– Intermediate Beginner
– Pattern includes ladies’ sizes XXS to 5XL. See the size chart in the gallery above.
– Optional sleeve style: billowy or straight, cuff length: long or short, collar shape: round or pointed, bust style: gathered or darted, bodice: flat or pin-tucked, front: one piece or separate pieces
– Consider using seed pearl buttons and some delicate lace trim sewn into the pin-tucks for an added layer of romantic charm.
– Suitable for almost nearly any light or medium weight woven fabric. However, your fabric choice will be critical in how the garment fits and moves so please choose with your end look in mind. A chiffon, organza or georgette will be floaty and possible see through and may require a Strappy Cami or slip underneath for coverage. A cotton lawn, cotton voile, silk, rayon, silk crepe, crepe de chine, taffeta, or silk satin will drape with a bit more structure. See the fabric requirements in the gallery above for yardage. A serger/ overlocker is optional but NOT required.
– This trim-free pattern is a downloadable PDF and comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want.
– Please join the Rebecca Page Sewing group should you require any assistance at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community of sewistas is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! It’s also just a happy place to be. You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.