Perfect for all those holiday parties coming up, this ladies party dress pattern has lots of options so you can dress it up or down! Closures are buttons/snaps at the shoulders and a side invisible zip – perfect for nursing Moms who need to open the dress up, or for getting it on without messing your hair up! All the seams are cleverly designed to be self-finishing or hidden. This means all the raw edges are neatly tucked away out of sight. No overlocking or serging required. That said, if you have a serger, tips are included for when and where to use it if you wish to.
This is the ladies version but it’s also available as a matching child’s pattern so you can even do matching “Mommy and Me” dresses! Get the child’s version here.
Skill Level – Beginners to intermediate
Sizes – Pattern includes ladies sizes XXS to 5XL. See the size chart in the gallery above.
- Short, knee and tea length hem options
- 2 optional netting/tulle layers,
- An optional sash with bow, plain waistband or no waist detail
- While not essential, the bodice on this dress is designed to be quite fitted so making a muslin is highly recommended, see gallery for more details
- Your dress & contrast fabrics need to be woven (eg cotton, linen, satin). It can be any weight however best results & fit will be achieved with light to medium weight fabric. If you go for a very heavy fabric you may find some seams bulky and/or the fit a bit tighter than expected.
- Your lining fabric either needs to be a lightweight woven fabric (eg lining, cotton).
- Your interfacing should be a lightweight interfacing.
- The netting layer is optional. There are two versions of the netting. Either ‘regular’ netting (the skirt will have a slight puff), or the full netting (very full and the skirt will look like there is a petticoat underneath). Both have a 2 inch overhang under the skirt and will be seen. You can use any type of netting or tulle.
Format – This trim-free pattern is a downloadable PDF and comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want.
***** This pattern is FREE for members of our Facebook Group. If you have a code for this, enter it at the checkout. To get it free, join the group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/mummykinsandme/ and get the code from the pinned post ****.