Laura Sewing Pattern
(or 1 credits)
This sewing pattern is for a chic cocoon dress that is quick and easy to sew. It features dropped shoulders, scoop neck, high-low hem, and optional inseam pockets. There are also three length options so that you can find something to suit your style.
Instant download digital sewing pattern. Includes Women’s sizes 1-10 & Women’s Curvy sizes 6C-15C.
- Optional inseam pockets
- Three length options: top, tunic, and above knee
- Suitable for advanced beginner level
- Dropped shoulders
- High-low hem
- Packed with pro tips and expert advice
- Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
- Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
- Instant-download digital sewing pattern
- A light to mid weight woven such as silk, rayon, silk crepe, crepe de chine or silk satin will drape and swish about you as you move more.
- A woven with structure such as linen, poly cotton, or quilting cotton won't drape or follow the contours of the body as much, so it will give a boxier look. A garment with this type of fabric won't drape much and will stick out more.
- A woven heavyweight fabric such as denim.
- Knit fabric is also a good choice.
- OPTIONAL - Iron on interfacing - You will need for the front and back facings if you are doing the facing option (not the binding option). 1/4 yard will be more than sufficient for sizes 1-10 and 1/2 yard for sizes 6C-15C. If you are using knit/stretch fabric, make sure to use knit/stretch-specific interfacing. If you are using woven fabric, use a medium weight woven interfacing.
- OPTIONAL - If you are doing the neck binding option, you will need 1/2 inch wide single fold bias tape. You can use ready-made bias tape or you can make your own. If you are using ready-made bias tape, you will need stretch bias tape if you are using a knit fabric, and regular/normal woven bias tape if you are using woven fabrics.
- Thread to match.
- Sewing machine
- Pins or clips
- Tape measure or ruler
- Serger/Overlocker is optional but not required.
Open this in UX Builder to add and edit contentA serger or overlocker is optional but not required.
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.