Gym Bag Sewing Pattern
$10.50 (or 1 credits)
Staying motivated with your fitness routine is easy when you can just grab your gear and go. Sew yourself a customized Gym Bag to fit your needs with this pattern’s plethora of options. Options include a built-in clothing bag, shoe compartment, water bottle pocket, three different zipper pockets, side handles, and an adjustable shoulder strap. The Gym Bag sewing pattern will keep you organized so you can run full speed ahead!
Instant download digital sewing pattern. The finished size is 22 x 10 x 8.5 inches.
• Optional shoulder strap
• Optional bottle pockets
• Optional inside zipper pocket
• Optional front zipper pocket
• Optional back zipper pocket
• Optional clothes bag
• Loads of pockets
• Separate shoe pocket
• Packed with pro tips and expert advice
• Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
• Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
• Instant-download digital sewing pattern
- Main zipper - 1x 28 inch
- OPTIONAL Front zipper pocket - 1x 8½ inch
- OPTIONAL Back zipper pocket - 1x 7 inch
- OPTIONAL Inside zipper pocket - 1x 7 inch
- OPTIONAL Shoe pocket - 1x 18 inch
- OPTIONAL Clothes Bag:
- 1x Toggle. You will need the type that has two holes (where the cord goes into one hole and out the other), not the type with just one hole.
- 1 yard of Elastic cord. We recommend 2-4mm wide. Check that your cord and stopper are the same size.
- ½ inch wide Eyelet hardware
- OPTIONAL Shoulder Strap:
- 2x 1½ inch wide D ring
- 1½ inch wide Webbing. You will need 2.1 yards for the Handles and 1.4 yards for the OPTIONAL Shoulder Strap (total of 3½ yards).
- 1x 1½ inch Slider
- OPTIONAL Interfacing - If you are using a light weight fabric you could interface the outer pieces for extra support. Use the same quantity as your Lining pieces.
- OPTIONAL Bottle Pocket - ½ inch wide Elastic 0.55 yards will be sufficient.
- Thread to match
- Sewing machine
- Pins or clips
- Tape measure or ruler
- Zipper foot
- Optional washaway tape
- Serger/Overlocker is optional but not required.
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.
“Everything you will want in a Gym Bag! Such a stunning result. I used PUL to waterproof the shoe bag and the clothing bag insert so our daughter can use it at the pool. She loves it!”
Buy More Credits
Adelle Pears –
This is going to be so useful for me for work! I know it’s a gym bag but it has the important drinks holders that will carry all the coffee I require to get through the day and if anyone else is now wearing scrubs to work this has a shoe compartment and a separate clothes (scrubs) bag!
Carmen Mills Brent –
What a versatile bag! It has tons of options like front and back pockets as well as a clothes bag, a shoe section, and water bottle pockets! It is also rather spacious. I can fit all of my workout gear and still have room in this bag.
Jenny Gomez –
This bag was an incredible sew! The shoe pocket and water bottle pocket were both new techniques for me, but the instructions were clear and it turned out great!
Jamie Adler –
Everything you will want in a Gym Bag! Such a stunning result. I used PUL to waterproof the shoe bag and the clothing bag insert so our daughter can use it at the pool. She loves it!