Giant Stuffed Octopus Sewing Pattern
(or 1 credits)
Sew the sweetest snuggle buddy… or a ferocious sea beast! Choose a cute, smiling face with big, bright eyes or slanted eyes and puffy eye rims for a touch of realism. Add pom pom trim for suckers and create a tactile wonder; this giant octopus toy sewing pattern will make the stuffed toy of your kidlet’s dreams!
Instant download digital sewing pattern. The finished length of this octopus toy sewing pattern, from the top of the head to the tips of the tentacles, is 40 inches.
• Two optional eye shapes
• Optional eye rim/ eyelids
• Optional smile and cheeks
• Optional pompom trim for suckers
• Optional hook and loop fastener for keeping tentacles closed
• Packed with pro tips and expert advice
• Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
• Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
• Instant-download digital sewing pattern
- 20 to 40 oz of soft toy filling
- OPTIONAL embroidery floss, non-fraying fabric scraps, or cotton fabric-scraps for the eyes
- OPTIONAL fusible webbing or fabric glue for the eyes
- OPTIONAL 16.5 yards of pom pom trim with 0.4 to 0.6 inch-wide pom poms for tentacle trim/ "suckers"
- OPTIONAL 6x inches of hook and loop tape (Velcro)
- Thread to match
- Sewing machine (or you could do it by hand)
- Pins or clips
- Iron and ironing board
- Optional walking foot
- Optional zipper foot
- Disappearing ink pen or tailor's chalk
- Cutting mat
Open this in UX Builder to add and edit contentA serger or overlocker is optional but not required.
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.
“The giant octopus is a fun project that is sure to make a great gift for a child or just an octopus loving person in your life. The pattern is easy to follow but does take some time and quite a bit of stuffing. The suggested options for stuffing are creative including fabric scraps! What a fun way to get rid of scraps!”
Buy More Credits