Let imaginations run wild with this fun Fairytale Playmat sewing pattern. You’ll feel accomplished and creative; as you customize this playmat for your children, and create a new treasured family heirloom. It will also keep your children happy and occupied for hours with all of the fun interactive elements that you can add to the playmat. Fun interactive elements include a castle, dragon, horse-drawn carriage, knight, gingerbread house, removable frog prince/princess, and more! The Fairytale Playmat also includes optional straps and a carrying handle for portability.
Instant download digital sewing pattern. The finished Fairytale Playmat is 43 inches wide x 35 inches long.
• Optional straps and carrying handle
• Optional block decorations and embellishments
• Optional interactive pieces
• Suitable for beginners
• Nine different blocks with interactive pieces
• Packed with pro tips and expert advice
• Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
• Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
• Instant-download digital sewing pattern
- Thread - various colors to match
- OPTIONAL Fusible Webbing e.g. Pellon 805 Wonder-Under, 'heat n bond', 'bondaweb', fusible web, or iron-on adhesive. Approximately 1 yard will be sufficient if adding all decorations.
- Or OPTIONAL Fabric glue - If you are not using double sided interfacing, use this as an alternative.
- OPTIONAL Medium or light weight fusible interfacing. Approximately 1 yard will be sufficient.
- OPTIONAL Handle and Straps - 1/4 yard of iron-on interfacing.
- Note - Premade straps or webbing can be used in place of fabric straps.
- Batting - About 1 yard, this project can get thick quick, so choosing a thin and stable batting will be quite helpful.
- OPTIONAL Hook and Loop Tape (Velcro) - Approximately 1 yard. This is used for the OPTIONAL Fairytale Block Decorations and the OPTIONAL Straps. Other decorations have optional tape.
- OPTIONAL Trims - The characters included in the mat require optional facial features. If you are adding decorations, you can use embroidery floss or fabric paint to create the faces. If you would like to add a Whale Spout, this can be created using embroidery thread.
- Sewing machine, but it is possible to hand sew this pattern
- Needle for thicker projects
- OPTIONAL safety pins or quilting safety pins for attaching all the layers before you sew them together
- OPTIONAL iron
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.
“This pattern is so much fun!! It’s so easy to customize and personalize. My kids love it!! ”