Fabric Stair Basket
The Fabric Stair Basket is a quick sew that is easily customizable to fit stairs anywhere. The handles make it simple to grab the bag and go, and the optional pockets make it easy to tuck in those things you don’t want to lose. Use the bag to collect the random items that get left around, or to help carry the items that need put away. However it gets used, the fabric stair basket will always look nice sitting on the stairs helping to keep everything in its place.
Instant download digital sewing pattern. The finished fabric stair basket is 6 inches wide by 23 inches long by 16 inches high.
• Optional Front Pocket
• Optional Side Pocket
• Suitable for beginners
• Fully customizable to fit your stairs
• Handles for easy pickup and carrying
• Use the bag to collect the random things that get left around your house and help carry them to put away.
• Packed with pro tips and expert advice
• Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
• Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
• Instant-download digital sewing pattern
- 60 inch wide High Loft Fusible Fleece Interfacing - approximately 2 yards will be sufficient for all sizes.
- NOTE - There are many other types of stabilizers that can be used, they may affect the finished look if they are not similar enough to Fusible Fleece.
- OPTIONAL Pocket Elastic - 1/4 inch wide elastic. Approximately 1 yard will be sufficient for all sizes.
- OPTIONAL Decorations - you can personalize your basket with embroidery, vinyl, paint, etc.
- Thread to match
- Sewing machine
- Pins or clips
- Tape measure or ruler
- Optional walking foot
- Serger/Overlocker is optional but not required.
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.
“A simple but super useful pattern! Very cute accessory to add to the stairs so instead of throwing it all on the landing I have a handy basket to tote everything up when I’m ready!”