Essential Handbag Sewing Pattern
The handbag sewing pattern of your dreams is here! With loads of pockets, handles and an optional adjustable long strap, plus an optional hanging loop, hand sanitizer pouch, and decorative bow, the Essential Handbag is beautiful, practical, and easy to sew.
Instant download digital sewing pattern. The finished size is 13 x 8 inches, with 9-inch handles, and a 42-inch optional strap.
• Optional exterior zip-close pocket
• Optional interior phone and patch pockets
• Optional longs strap
• Optional internal hanging loop
• Optional hand sanitizer pouch
• Optional decorative bow
• Beginner friendly
• Loads of pockets
• Carry handles
• Packed with pro tips and expert advice
• Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
• Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
• Instant-download digital sewing pattern
Main Fabric – You will need a woven or non-stretch fabric for the body of your Essential Handbag
Lining Fabric - You will need a light- to medium-weight woven for the lining. If your main fabric is lightweight, you can use that for the lining too.
Essential Handbag -
- 1 yard of medium to heavy weight interfacing
- OPTIONAL 1x 11 inch/ 28 cm zipper for main body
- OPTIONAL 1x 4 inch / 10cm zipper for pocket
- OPTIONAL 1x ½ inch wide swivel clasp hardware for hanging loop
- OPTIONAL 2x 1 ¼ inch/ 3 cm D-rings for long strap
- OPTIONAL 1x 1 inch wide keyring hardware for bow
- OPTIONAL Sanitizer Holder:
- 18cm long cord elastic
- ⅜ inch / 1 cm wide Button
- 1x ½ inch wide Key ring hardware
- Thread to match
- Sewing machine
- Pins or clips
- Tape measure or ruler
- Iron and ironing board
- Optional washaway tape
- Optional zipper foot
Open this in UX Builder to add and edit contentA serger or overlocker is optional but not required.
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.
“What a fabulously easy and quick handbag pattern! Essential? Yes! I made one for my mom as a replacement for her worn out purse and she thought I bought it! What a compliment! You won’t be disappointed with the pattern at all.”
Buy More Credits