Essential Bag Bundle
Instant download digital sewing pattern. Includes shopping bag sizes small, medium, and large, and the handbag (finished measurements 13 x 8 inches)
• Shopping Bag – Optional sizes: small, medium, and large, and an optional keyring tab
• Handbag – Optional pockets, long strap, internal hanging loop, hand sanitizer pouch, and decorative bow
• Beginner friendly
• Shopping Bag – Folds up into a zipped pouch and has sturdy carry handles
• Handbag – Loads of pockets and has sturdy carry handles
• Packed with pro tips and expert advice
• Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
• Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
• Instant-download digital sewing pattern
Essential Handbag Fabric – You will need a woven or non-stretch fabric for the main, and a light- to medium-weight woven for the lining.
Fold Up Shopping Bag Fabric - You will need a light-weight woven or non-stretch fabric.You can use the same fabric type for the lining.
Essential Handbag Requirements -
Fold Up Shopping Bag Requirements -
Essential Handbag -
- 1 yard of medium to heavy weight interfacing
- OPTIONAL 1x 11 inch/ 28 cm zipper for main body
- OPTIONAL 1x 4 inch / 10cm zipper for pocket
- OPTIONAL 1x ½ inch wide swivel clasp hardware for hanging loop
- OPTIONAL 2x 1 ¼ inch/ 3 cm D-rings for long strap
- OPTIONAL 1x 1 inch wide keyring hardware for bow
- OPTIONAL Sanitizer Holder:
- 18cm long cord elastic
- ⅜ inch / 1 cm wide Button
- 1x ½ inch wide Key ring hardware
- Thread to match
Fold Up Shopping Bag -
- 0.25 yards of light or heavy fusible interfacing
- 1x Regular zipper (closed end):
- S: 18 inch / 45cm long
- M: 23 inch / 58cm long
- L: 29 inch / 73cm long
- OPTIONAL 2 yards of webbing
- OPTIONAL 1x ½ inch swivel clasp hardware OR 1x keyring hardware
- Thread to match
- Sewing machine
- Pins or clips
- Tape measure or ruler
- Iron and ironing board
- Optional washaway tape
- Optional zipper foot
- Optional chopstick
- Optional loop turner or bodkin
Open this in UX Builder to add and edit contentA serger or overlocker is optional but not required.
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.
“What a fabulously easy and quick handbag pattern! Essential? Yes! I made one for my mom as a replacement for her worn out purse and she thought I bought it! What a compliment! You won’t be disappointed with the pattern at all.”