Embroidery Applique Class: Learn To Do Embroidery Applique
Learn how to create beautiful pieces of quilted embroidery applique with this fun class! You’ll create a beautiful embroidery necklace.
The class is focused on (re)using fabric to make eye-catching pendant necklaces. Attendees will learn how to make an appliqued fabric pendant, and how to decorate it with little embroidery and beads.
The embroidery stitches they will learn include the running stitch, the French knots, the filling stitch and the blanket stitch.
Skill Level: Adventurous Beginner (very much still learning but confident to try something harder)
Class Duration: 22 minutes
Includes Downloadable Pattern: No
Teacher: Maya Kuzman
Format: This is an online class for a embroidery applique. After purchase, your class will appear in your account area and you can watch at any time.
Supplies for the Embroidery Applique
- Two different pieces of fabric (one for the strip / pendant), the other for the applique
- Embroidery floss in colors (preferably) matching/complementing the colors used in the fabric
- Sewing / Embroidery needle and thread
- Seed beads and round beads (depending on the attendees’ decoration preference)
- Jump rings (about 5 grams, but depending on attendees preference for the chain length)
- Metal chain (30 cm long)
- Not necessary, but helpful: nose pliers and a clamp
How do online classes work? Simply purchase, click on the link in your ‘My Account’ area and watch! You’ll find the class broken down into easy-to-watch chunks on the class page. Simply start with the first video and follow along. You can watch on any computer, tablet or mobile.
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns and classes inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.