Duffel Bag Sewing Pattern
This duffle bag pattern is perfect as a sports or weekend away bag. It features a main compartment with zip closure and optional side slats, optional zip pockets and two carry straps with optional padding.
Instant download digital sewing pattern. Includes size S-M.
- Optional internal side slats
- Optional interior and exterior zip pockets
- Optional zipper pull tabs
- Optional padding in carry straps
- Beginner friendly
- Zip closure
- Carry straps
- Packed with pro tips and expert advice
- Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
- Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
- Instant-download digital sewing pattern
- Midweight fusible woven interfacing - approximately 4.5 yards.
- High loft fusible fleece interfacing - approximately 1 yard x 60 inches wide.
- OPTIONAL Nylon straps, 1.5 inch wide webbing - approximately 3.6 yards.
- OR OPTIONAL Foam interfacing for straps - approximately 1.3 yards.
- OPTIONAL Zipper tape instead of zippers - approximately 2 yards for either bag size and all pockets.
- Thread to match.
Sports Bag (Small)
- 1x 20-inch zipper
- OPTIONAL up to 6x 7-inch zippers for pockets - 4 for bag pockets, 2 for end pockets.
Weekend Bag (Medium)
- 1x 24-inch zipper
- OPTIONAL up to 6x 8-inch zippers for pockets - 4 for bag pockets, 2 for end pockets.
- Sewing machine
- Pins or clips
- Tape measure or ruler
- Zipper foot
Open this in UX Builder to add and edit contentA serger or overlocker is optional but not required.
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.
“Love the instructions which give a professional finish to the bag.”
Buy More Credits