Dress to Jumpsuit Conversion Sewing Pattern
This jumpsuit sewing pattern includes instructions to make this gorgeous jumpsuit from scratch, or you can use the instructions to upcycle an existing dress and convert it into a jumpsuit.
Designed by guest designer Kate McGuire of Converted Closet, this pattern features an invisible zip, three optional sleeve lengths, four optional leg lengths, two optional cuff finishes, optional pockets, and an optional tie belt.
Instant download digital sewing pattern. Includes sizes XXS-5XL
• Three back closures: full length zip, single keyhole and zip, or double keyhole and small zip
• Three sleeve lengths: sleeveless, short, or long
• Four leg lengths: shorts, culottes, three-quarter, or long
• Ribbon casing or elasticated cuffs
• Tie belt or scarf accessory
• Advanced-beginner friendly
• Sew from scratch or upcycle a dress and convert it into a jumpsuit
• Scoop-neck design with fitted and shaped bodice
• Invisible zip
• Fitted hips with loose, flowing trousers
• Gathered sleeve head
• Packed with pro tips and expert advice
• Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
• Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
• Instant-download digital sewing pattern
Main Fabric - You can use nearly any light or medium weight woven or knit fabric for this jumpsuit.
Lining Fabric - it needs to be a light or medium weight woven fabric. If using a shear fabric, you will need to line the bodice and legs. You will not need to do this with knit fabrics.
Browse suitable fabrics here:
- Light weight interfacing - approximately half a yard will be sufficient for all sizes.
- Invisible zipper.
- full length zip OPTION:
- XXS - XL: 1x 24 inches
- 2XL - 5XL: 1x 26 inches
- Single keyhole with zip OPTION:
- XXS - XL: 1x 16 inches
- 2XL - 5XL: 1x 18 inches
- Double keyhole with zip OPTION:
- 1x 8 inches
- Ribbon tie hem OPTION: 3/8 inch wide ribbon, approximately 4 yards will be sufficient for all sizes.
- Elastic casing OPTION: 3/8 inch elastic, approximately 2 yards will be sufficient for all sizes.
- Sleeveless OPTION: 1/2 inch wide bias binding, approximately 3 yards will be sufficient for all sizes.
- Keyhole OPTIONS: for a single keyhole, you will need 1x Button and button hoop. For a double keyhole you will need 2x.
- Sewing machine
- Zipper foot or invisible zipper foot
- Optional Wonder Tape
- Pins or clips
- Tape measure or ruler
Open this in UX Builder to add and edit contentA serger or overlocker is optional but not required.
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.
“This pattern is very detailed and will guide you carefully through creating your jumpsuit. I love that the instructions include a tutorial for using an existing dress!”
Buy More Credits