Drawstring Pouch Sewing Pattern
Perfect for tidy storage, the Drawstring Pouch Sewing Pattern comes together in less than an hour. Fully lined, the multi-function pouch features a customizable flap, secure fastening, optional internal pocket, and optional drawstring toggles.
Instant download digital sewing pattern. Includes sizes small and large
• Optional toggles
• Optional zip-closing internal pocket
• Beginner friendly
• Pulls closed with a drawstring
• Closed with a hook-and-loop tape-/ Velcro-secured flap
• Packed with pro tips and expert advice
• Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
• Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
• Instant-download digital sewing pattern
- 2 ¼ yards of ¼ wide cording for drawstring for small size pouch OR 3 yards of ¼ wide cording for drawstring for large size pouch
- 1 x 10 inch by 30 inch piece of lightweight iron-on interfacing
- 1½ inches of ¾ inch wide sew-in hook-and-loop tape/ Velcro OR 1 x press stud/ snap
- Optional 2 x 2-hole toggles
- Optional 2 yards of ½ inch wide double fold bias tape for small pouch OR 3 yards of ½ inch wide double fold bias tape for large pouch
- Optional 7-inch zipper for small pocket OR 8-inch zipper for large pocket
- Sewing machine
- Pins or clips
- Ruler or tape measure
- Optional zipper foot
- Safety pin or similar for threading drawstring through casing
Open this in UX Builder to add and edit contentA serger or overlocker is optional but not required.
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.
“A quick, fun sew, that can be used for many purposes – craft, toys, toiletries, makeup. You are only limited by your imagination.