Dolls’ Cerena Sewing Pattern
This stunning dolls romper pattern has three trouser lengths and two back options, the more challenging being a beautifully-finished back button placket. There is also the opportunity to sew a loose, flowing top without bottoms meaning there are endless options to dress up your doll.
Instant download digital sewing pattern. Includes sizing for 18-inch doll.
- Three trouser lengths: short, knee, and full length
- Optional side seam pockets for knee and trouser length bottoms
- Optional back button placket top
- Beginner to intermediate level
- Neck tie
- Open back
- Packed with pro tips and expert advice
- Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
- Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
- Instant-download digital sewing pattern
- ½ inch wide Elastic for Back Bodice – ¼ yard will be sufficient for all sizes.
- OPTIONAL Button placket (woven or knit fabric):
- 5x ¾ inch wide buttons or snaps
- Interfacing ¼ yard will be sufficient
- Woven OPTION – 1x 2 inches Invisible zipper.
- NOTE: If you have already sewed the ladies or child’s version, you will have sewn an invisible zip option for the woven romper. This technique does work for the dolls version. You will need the smallest length invisible zipper you can find (approximately 2 inches in length, or a longer zipper trimmed to size). It’s rewarding to have a tiny working zipper in a dolls garment, but it’s extremely fiddly! The technique is included in the tutorial so you can decide for yourself, however following the elastic waist option (no zip) will work in both woven & knit fabrics for the doll and is much easier.
- Knit OPTION – ¼ inch wide elastic to go around the waist. 10.5 inches is needed.
- OPTIONAL Ankle elastic – If you are doing the romper with the ankle elastic option, you will also need ¼ inch wide elastic. Half a yard will be sufficient.
- OPTIONAL Ribbon tie – If you would prefer, instead of making a tie for the top, you can use a ribbon the same length as the necktie in the cutting chart. You will need 2 inch wide ribbon for dolls.
- Thread to match.
- Sewing machine
- Invisible zipper foot
- Pins or clips
- Tape Measure or ruler
Open this in UX Builder to add and edit contentA serger or overlocker is optional but not required.
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.
“The Cerena is a stunning romper, with lots of options. You can make anything from a summery beach romper to a red carpet outfit!”