Della Drape Sewing Pattern
A simple drapey sew with the wow factor, the Della Drape is a double layered top or mini dress with optional keyhole detailing, gathered hem, and back ties.
Instant download digital sewing pattern
Includes sizes XXS-5XL
• Optional top or mini dress length
• Optional cut out keyhole detailing
• Optional back ties
• Optional gathered hem
• Beginner friendly
• Double layers – loose-fitting outer top and fitted inner tank
• Gathered shoulders
• Loosely draped back
• Packed with pro tips and expert advice
• Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
• Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
• Instant-download digital sewing pattern
Outer Fabric - Fabric needs to be a light-weight 4-way stretch/ knit fabric with a stretch of 50% or more.
Inner Fabric - Your fabric needs to be a light to medium weight stretch/ knit fabric.
OPTIONAL Keyhole Insert fabric - You can use the same fabric as your Inner or Outer fabric or use a lace or power mesh.
Browse suitable fabrics here:
- OPTIONAL Clear elastic – approximately half a yard will be sufficient for all sizes
- OPTIONAL ⅜ inch wide Elastic
- OPTIONAL Shoulder gathering – approximately 2 yards will be sufficient for all sizes
- OPTIONAL Elastic hem - approximately 2 yards will be sufficient for all sizes
- Thread to match
- Sewing machine
- Pins or clips
Open this in UX Builder to add and edit contentA serger or overlocker is optional but not required.
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.
“I love a top with personality! The Della has great movement and so many possibilities with the two layers.”
Buy More Credits