Cross Body Bag
(or 1 credits)
The perfect accessory for on-the-go, the Cross Body Bag will stay by your side and carry all of the essentials! With both a snap pocket and a zip pocket, you’ll find the perfect place to organize essentials. Three different strap options to choose from allow you to customize this bag to exactly what works for you. The top zipper will be sure to keep everything inside, right where it belongs! Perfect for yourself, or to give as a gift, this quick sew will be a hit for everyone!
Instant download digital sewing pattern. The finished bag is 11 inches wide by 10 inches tall with a depth of 4 inches.
• Optional fabric strap
• Optional leather strap
• Optional webbing strap
• Beginner friendly
• Snap pocket
• Zipper closure at the top
• Zipper pocket
• Great for gifting
• Packed with pro tips and expert advice
• Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
• Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
• Instant-download digital sewing pattern
- You will need a woven or non-stretch fabric. Cotton, quilting cotton, denim, cotton lawn, canvas or upholstery fabric would work. You could use a faux leather/leather or suede, but you will need the correct machine and needle to work with this fabric as there are lots of layers that need sewing together.
- One sided fusible foam e.g. Bosal In-R-Form - 1 yard will be sufficient
- Zipper Pocket - 1x 10 inch
- Main Zipper - 1x 15 inch
- We recommend using a #8 or #10 Nylon Zipper
- TIP - a continuous zipper can be used in place of the individual sized zippers
- 1x Magnetic Snap - 3/8 inch to 1 inch
- 3x 1 1/2 inch slider
- OPTIONAL 20 inch wide High Loft Fusible Fleece Interfacing - approximately 2.5 yards will be sufficient
- NOTE - There are many other types of stabilizers that can be used, they may affect the finished look if they are not similar to Fusible Fleece
- OPTIONAL 50-inch Iron on Hemming Tape
- Straps: Choose One:
- 1.5 Inch Strap Leather: 1.75 yards will be sufficient
- 1.5 Inch Wide Webbing - 1.75 yards will be sufficient
- Fabric Strap - Follow directions below for a fabric strap
- OPTIONAL 4x 3/8 inch wide Rivets for Leather Strap
- Thread to match
- Sewing machine
- Pins or clips
- Tailor's chalk or disappearing ink pen
- Optional zipper foot
- Optional walking foot
- Cutting mat
- Rotary cutter or Scissors
- Tape measure or ruler
- Serger/Overlocker is optional but not required.
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.
“Cross body bag is perfect for my everyday essentials. It can even easily fit my tablet. Front magnetic snap slip pocket is great for fast access. Zip pocket is for my wallet. But easily fits all size mobile phone. Such a nice detailed beginner friendly pattern. Will be making more for my friends. ”
Buy More Credits