Couture Sewing Techniques Class: Make A Chanel Inspired Skirt (Includes Pattern)
Discover the art of couture sewing techniques and take your sewing skills to the next level with this Chanel inspired skirt.
Learn step by step how to construct a Chanel inspired skirt using couture sewing techniques. If you can sew, you can learn to sew couture.
Skill Level: Intermediate (very much still learning but confident to try something harder)
Class Duration: 124 minutes
Includes Downloadable Pattern: Yes
Teacher: Katherine Harris
Format: This is an online class for a couture sewing techniques. After purchase, your class will appear in your account area and you can watch at any time.
Supplies for the Couture Sewing Techniques
- Outer: Tweed fabric – about 2 meters
- Lining: silk or silk blend lining – about 2 meters
- Silk organza (or additional silk lining): about 1 meter
- 2 Pkgs. seam tape
- Polyester thread to match the tweed fabric
- Polyester or silk thread to match the silk lining
- Cotton basting thread In 2 or 3 colours
- Beeswax (to wax your thread)
- 2 Sets; coat hook and eye or pants hook and bar
- Horsehair canvas or petersham ribbon in a 2″ width
- 9″ Zipper, regular
- Gold or sterling silver chain for pocket detailing (optional)
- Sewing machine
- Handle sewing needles (sharps)
- Larger hand sewing needle to use for basting
- Tailor’s clapper (optional)
- Tailor’s ham and sleeve roll (optional)
- Pressing cloth (silk organza is great, but any scrap cloth will suffice)
- Seam ripper
- Jewelry snips (if using the chain details)
Any straight or A-line skirt pattern of your choice.
How do online classes work? Simply purchase, click on the link in your ‘My Account’ area and watch! You’ll find the class broken down into easy-to-watch chunks on the class page. Simply start with the first video and follow along. You can watch on any computer, tablet or mobile.
When will I get the pattern? You’ll receive a link to download the pattern immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area.
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns and classes inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.