Cocoon Knot Dress Sewing Pattern
From printing to wearing in a few quick seams, this beautiful Cocoon Knot Dress pattern is showstopper! Can be made with both knit and woven fabrics and features a draped, flattering fit with two length and two sleeve options, and a wrap over tulip skirt.
Instant download digital sewing pattern. Includes sizes XXS-5XL
• Optional knee or maxi lengths
• Optional long sleeves or sleeveless
• Optional knit or woven fabrics
• Advanced-Beginner friendly
• Dropped shoulders
• No side seams
• Joined at the front with a twisted knot
• Features an invisible zip for the woven version
• Wrap over tulip skirt
• Plunging neckline that can be finished higher up for extra coverage
• Packed with pro tips and expert advice
• Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
• Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
• Instant-download digital sewing pattern
- Woven Dress
- Invisible zipper - 1x 22-inch
- Mid to light weight interfacing - approximately 1 yard will be sufficient for all sizes.
- Sleeveless OPTION: Woven double fold bias binding 5/8 inches wide - approximately 2 yards will be sufficient.
- Knit Dress sleeveless OPTION: Knit double fold bias binding 5/8 inches wide - approximately 2 yards will be sufficient.
- Thread to match
- Sewing machine
- Invisible zipper foot or regular zipper foot
- Pins or clips
- Tailors chalk/fabric pen
- Tape measure or ruler
Open this in UX Builder to add and edit contentA serger or overlocker is optional but not required.
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.
“This dress is really flattering on… A truly great staple with a fun knot design which looks far more complicated than it actually is due to the great step by step process and accompanying video.”