Classic Dress Sewing Pattern
A classic dress sewing pattern for every occasion! Sew this iconic style with your favorite wovens for a beautiful dress that features a timeless silhouette, optional pockets, three sleeve lengths, and two hem lengths.
Instant download digital sewing pattern. Includes Women’s Sizes 1-10 and Women’s Curvy Sizes 6C-15C.
Note – The pattern is modeled here in our sizing. When you purchase, you will receive both our Women’s 1-10 AND Women’s Curvy 6C-15C sizing (you get all the sizes).
● Three optional sleeve lengths: short, cap, and sleeveless
● Two optional hem lengths: mid-thigh and tea
● Optional pockets
● Optional lined or unlined bodice
● Suitable for advanced beginners
● Darted bodice nipped in at the natural waist
● Crisp knife pleats
● Finished with an invisible zip
● Packed with pro tips and expert advice
● Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
● Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
● Instant-download digital sewing pattern
- 1x 22-inch Invisible zipper
- Unlined Bodice Option:
- Interfacing: Approximately 0.25 yards will be sufficient for all sizes.
- 1/4 inch wide Double fold bias binding
- Sizes 1 - 10 approximately 1.25 yards will be sufficient for all sizes.
- Sizes 6C - 9C approximately 2.5 yards will be sufficient for all sizes.
- Sizes 10C - 15C approximately 3.75 yards will be sufficient for all sizes.
- Thread to match
- Sewing machine
- Pins or clips
- Tape measure or ruler
- Disappearing ink pen or tailor's chalk
- Optional wash-away tape
- Zipper foot or invisible zipper foot
- Serger/Overlocker is optional but not required
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.
“This Classic Dress is a must-have pattern. It will serve as a basic for add-ons and modifications – with choices of sleeves and various skirt length. It can be a gorgeous evening dress or a fun casual day-dress depending on the fabric. I’m definitely going to sew many more!”