Children’s Pancake Tutu and Ballet Leotard
A beautiful handmade Children’s Pancake Tutu and Ballet Leotard are essentials for the tiny dancer in your life. Our Children’s Pancake Tutu and Ballet Leotard sewing pattern allow you to make your dancer a custom leotard packed with loads of options. Make them a leotard with a scoop back and wide straps, or a straight back with skinny straps. You can also make the optional pancake tutu made of tiers of netting and gathered into the waist of the leotard. Whatever option you make, they’re going to love your handmade contribution to their favorite activity.
Instant download digital sewing pattern. Includes sizes 12mo-12yrs.
• Optional Scoop Back and built up straps
• Optional – Straight back with separate straps
• Optional – Straight back with Tutu
• The optional tutu is made up of tiers of netting to create the pancake shape and is gathered into the waist of the leotard.
• Packed with pro tips and expert advice
• Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
• Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
• Instant-download digital sewing pattern
Main- The leotard has been designed for 4-way stretch swim fabrics with 40-50% stretch to create a snug fit. Lycra gives extra stretch and has excellent recovery. Great choices are cotton lycra, nylon lycra, or jersey polyester lycra. increasing the amount of lycra/elastane will provide a tighter, more compression feel to the fit.
Lining – These are typically similar to dance lycra fabrics. They are often a little lighter in weight and have more stretch - a good example is halenka lining which is soft and stretchy, however, it can be transparent. You can also use a regular dance fabric instead of a dance lining as this offers more support.
Tutu Fabric- You will need a stiff poly netting to create the pancake tutu, with minimum width of 78 inches/200 cm.
* If you are using a narrower fabric, a directional print, or a fabric with nap you may need more.
You will also need:
- 3/4 inch wide Elastic:
- Leg opening - approximately 1 yard will be sufficient for all sizes
- Neck and armscye - 1 1/2 yards will be sufficient for all sizes
- Strait back OPTION - 1/2 yards will be sufficient for all sizes
- Thread to match
- Sewing machine
- Tape measure or ruler
- Serger/overlocker optional but not required.
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.