Children’s Off the Shoulder Top & Dress
The Off The Shoulder Top & Dress is a straight style, designed to be fitted at the bust and then flow down over the hips to the hem. The pattern is packed full of options, three neckline finishes; a gathered frill, or band, both of which come in two separate lengths, and a plain elastic finish; short sleeves, long bishop sleeves, and a long bell sleeve; and it can be made in six different lengths; crop, top, mid-thigh, knee, mid-calf, and maxi. It is a pattern that can be dressed up or down and made for year round wear.
Instant download digital sewing pattern. Includes Children’s sizes 12 months to 12 years.
• Optional Gathered Frill with Two Lengths, Band with Two lengths, or Elastic Neckline Finish
• Optional Short Sleeve, Long Bishop Sleeve, or Long Bell Sleeve
• Optional Crop, Top, Mid-thigh, Knee, Mid-calf, or Maxi length
• Beginner friendly
• Elastic in Bodice and Optional Bishop Sleeve
• Packed with pro tips and expert advice
• Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
• Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
• Instant-download digital sewing pattern
- Your fabric needs to be a stretch/knit fabric; fabric such as jersey, silk/satin with elastine, silk jersey with elastine, double brushed poly, rayon spandex, bamboo spandex, modal, cotton lycra, ponte, poly rayon spandex will all work.
- Your fabric will need to have at least 20 - 30% stretch to get the fit as it is designed. To check how much stretch your fabric has, take a piece of fabric, and pull along the stretch, i.e., A 2-inch piece of fabric (unstretched) should be able to stretch to 2.4 - 2.6 inches.
- The stretch recovery of your fabric is just as important as the stretch percentage. This will ensure your garment maintains its shape and fit for as long as possible and not become baggy. To test the stretch recovery (elasticity), simply check that when you stretch your piece of fabric, it returns to its original size.
- A fabric with 4-way stretch (stretches in all directions) will give more drape than a 2-way stretch (only stretches in one direction).
- Generally, knit/stretch fabrics are heavier than wovens. You may find you need to hem your garment slightly higher if it stretches out in length while wearing it.
- 1/4 or 3/8 inch wide elastic for the neckline and optional bishop sleeve
- Note - If using a heavier fabric or making a mid-thigh, knee, mid-calf, or maxi length, you will want to use 3/8 inch elastic for the neckline.
- Approximately 1.25 yards will be sufficient for all sizes.
- Thread to match.
- Sewing machine
- Pins or clips
- Tape Measure or ruler
- Serger is optional but not required
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.
“This is such a versatile pattern! Can’t wait to make one for every season!!”