Car Mat Sewing Pattern
Sew a simple play mat or an intricate labor of love for hours of interactive play. This car mat sewing pattern features roads, blocks to decorate with loads of optional interactive pieces, a pop-up carpark, and convenient carry handles.
Instant download digital sewing pattern. Finished size measures 34 x 42 inches.
• Optional straps and carry handle
• Optional interactive, quiet book type blocks:
- gas station with pump and tool box
- mailbox with flag and envelopes
- drive through car wash with curtain
- volcano with lava and a dinosaur
- lake with fish, frogs, lily pads, reeds, octopus, and a bridge
- city with buildings and clouds
- parking lot
- farm with soil and carrots
- barn with a pig, sheep, and chicken
- castle with a drawbridge, tower, trees, and a dragon
- roundabout with flowers
- campsite with tent, trees, campfire, and a bear
• Beginner friendly
• Packed with pro tips and expert advice
• Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
• Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
• Instant-download digital sewing pattern
- Thread - various colors to match
- Approximately 1 ½ yards of thin and stable batting
- Optional 1 x yard of fusible webbing or iron-on adhesive, or fabric glue
- Optional 1 x yard of medium or light-weight fusible interfacing
- Optional ¼ yard of iron-on interfacing or pre-made webbing straps/ handles
- Optional 5 x ½ inch wide press studs / buttons for the roundabout flowers
- Optional 1 x yard of hook and loop tape (Velcro)
- Optional trims for deocrating - embroidery floss, fabric paints, buttons, ribbons etc
- Sewing machine, but it is possible to hand sew this pattern
- Needle for thicker projects
Open this in UX Builder to add and edit contentA serger or overlocker is optional but not required.
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.
“This is car mat is sure to be a hit with any one who loves imaginative play. The details are well thought out and sure to keep little ones busy for hours. The ability to add your own creative elements is a wonderful feature.”
Buy More Credits