Capetastic Sewing Pattern
This gorgeous adults cape pattern is easy to sew and makes a stunning feathered bird. The pattern comes with over 30 modification suggestions and ideas so that you can create the perfect fancy dress outfit.
Instant download digital sewing pattern. Includes sizes XS-XL.
- Optional decoration and embellishment
- Beginner friendly
- Over 30 modification ideas
- Packed with pro tips and expert advice
- Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
- Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
- Instant-download digital sewing pattern
You really can use any fabric, notions or decorations that you desire or can think of, however these are our suggestions and guidelines.
Cape Fabric, Cape Lining and Cape Head - We suggest any woven fabric.
Feathers - Any fabric that does not fray.
Browse suitable fabrics here:
- Hook and Loop tape (Velcro) - approximately 9-inches long.
- Elastic 5mm wide (or ribbon) for finger grips.
- Fabric scraps for eyes and beak - less than 10-inches square.
- OPTIONAL: Double sided interfacing, fusible web, or iron-on adhesive to attach the face pieces.
- OPTIONAL: any trim or decoration you can think of.
- OPTIONAL: Nylon thread if you want the stitching that holds the feathers on to be nearly invisible.
- Thread to match.
- Sewing machine
- Tape measure or ruler
Open this in UX Builder to add and edit contentA serger or overlocker is optional but not required.
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.
“What a fun, easy and versatile pattern- you can create any number of incredible creatures or even make it as a plain cape.”