Feel the ultimate sense of sewing accomplishment when you make yourself and a child matching pairs of Skinny Jeans or Jeggings with our Skinny Jeans sewing pattern. These full-length Skinny Jeans have a super skinny fit and come with plenty of options. Create a classic pair of Skinny Jeans with 20% stretch denim fabric, pockets, fly, button closure, and optional belt loops. Or create a pair of jeggings with 50% stretch fabric, a faux fly, and a continuous elastic waistband.
• Continuous waistband
• Front western style pockets
• Back yoke
• Choose between 50% stretch fabric or 20% stretch fabric
• Packed with pro tips and expert advice
• Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
• Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
• Instant-download digital sewing pattern
Fabric - The jeans are designed for a stretch denim with a minimum stretch of 20% for the skinny jeans and 50% for jeggings.
Great options are stretch denim, ponte scuba, bengaline or even an old pair of stretch jeans upcycled.
Stretch direction - For some stretch woven fabrics, the stretch runs down the selvedge, rather than across. If you find your stretch is running down the selvedge, you will need to turn your pattern to accommodate for this change. Check you are cutting your pattern pieces with the stretch going from hip to hip, and not waist to ankle.
Stretch denim fabric is notorious for shrinking. Darker colors will also stain your fingers and sewing machines as the dye warms up while being handled. Please pre-wash your fabric first (on its own) and dry before using. It can also mark easily in the wash so do not leave it sitting in your washing machine or dryer after washing, hang or fold as soon as you are able.
Lining Fabric –You will need a lining fabric for the Pocket Bags. Your lining fabric can be any medium weight fabric
that has the same amount of stretch as your main fabric.
* If you are using a narrower fabric, a directional print, or a fabric with nap you may need more.
** Make sure to wash, dry, and press all fabrics before cutting out in case they shrink.
You will also need:
• 1x Fastening - approximately ⅝ - 1 inch wide. You could use a traditional jeans style button, a regular button, or a snap. If using snaps, go for metal or heavy-duty snaps.
• OPTIONAL ⅜ inch wide Jeans rivets – 8x for the corners of each of the front and back pockets. Maximum size of ½ inch.
• OPTIONAL ½ inch wide Single fold bias tape – This can optionally be used to finish the fly area (half a yard will be sufficient for all sizes).
• 1x Zipper – you can use any 8-inch zipper, but a ‘chunky’ or ‘jeans’ zipper will be more authentically jeans-like for sizes XXS to 5XL. We recommend the faux fly for sizes 12 – 24 mos, or alternatively you can use a 3 inch zipper. Use a 3 inch zipper for sizes 2-4 yrs and a 4 inch zipper for sizes 5-12 yrs.
• OPTIONAL 1 inch wide plain/buttonhole elastic – Approximately ½ yard will be sufficient for all sizes..
• Thread to match. You may want to also use specialty top stitching thread. This is usually a heavier weight and you may need more than you are used to as there is generally less on a spool. You will need 2-3 spools.
• 1 inch wide elastic – 1 ½ yards will be sufficient for sizes XXS to 5XL.
• ¾ inch wide elastic – 0.75 yards will be sufficient for sizes 12 mos to 12 yrs.
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing?Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.
Seriously these are so comfortable! After having sewn many pairs of jeans over the years, I have to say that this was by far the easiest pattern to follow. Instructions are clear, illustrations show each step so you are not constantly guessing what the directions actually mean.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.