BUNDLE Picnic Backpack & Blanket Sewing Patterns
(or 2 credits)
Explore the outdoors and picnic in style with this modern picnic set. The bundle includes easy-to-use sewing patterns for a picnic backpack and matching blanket.
The backpack features padded straps, two insulated sections, many pockets and pouches for up to eight settings, and optional blanket holder.
The reversible blanket features three optional sizes, quilted comfort, straps, and an optional carry handle.
Instant download digital sewing pattern.
• Optional pockets and pouches for the perfect picnic backpack
• Optional blanket holder
• Optional adjustable straps
• Three optional sizes
• Optional handle
• Suitable for adventurous beginners
• Packed with pro tips and expert advice
• Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
• Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
• Instant-download digital sewing pattern
Main Fabric – The exterior needs a heavy weight woven or non-stretch fabric such as canvas, duck, outdoor cloth, or upholstery fabric would work.
Lining Fabric – The interior needs to be a light to medium weight woven fabric. Suitable fabrics include quilting cotton, linen, broadcloth, or something similar.
OPTIONAL Interfacing – The recommended fabric is heavy weight woven, however if you are using a light to medium weight fabric for your main and lining you can add interfacing to all pieces for extra stability. The amount you need will depend on the pieces you are interfacing.
Fabric – You can use any mid- to heavy-weight woven fabric. You could use a water resistant fabric for the back if desired. We recommend quilting cottons to outdoor fabrics.
Browse suitable fabrics here:
- 2.5 x yards of Insul-Fleece interfacing or insulated Interfacing/ batting
- 8 inches of ¾- to 1 ½-inch-wide webbing for the handle
- 0.75 x yards of high-denisty foam for strap padding
- 2 x 7 inches of ¾- to 1 ½-inch-wide webbing for straps
- 2 x 18 inches of ¾- to 1 ½-inch-wide webbing for shoulder strap connector
- 2x buckles OR slide adjusters – to fit width of webbing
- Zippers: Any style zipper can be used as desired:
- Front - 1 x 58 inch double pull zipper
- Back - 1 x 38 inch double pull zipper
- Front Top Pocket - 1 x 15 inch zipper
- Front Bottom Pocket - 1 x 22 inch zipper
- Side Pocket - 1 x 5 inch zipper
- 2 x 9-inch long 2-inch-wide double-fold bias binding
- OPTIONAL 14 x inches of 1-inch-wide hook and loop tape per insulated divider
- OPTIONAL Plate Pouch:
- 5 x yards of netting/ mesh
- 19 x inches of 2-inch wide bias binding
- 2x 15 inches of ¾- to 1 ½-inch wide webbing
- 1x buckles OR slide adjusters – to fit width of webbing
- OPTIONAL Inner Zipper Pocket:
- 1x 15-inch long zipper
- 1 x yard of 2-inch wide bias binding
- OPTIONAL Cheese Board Pouch:
- 10 x inches of ¾- to 1 ½-inch-wide webbing
- 12 x inches of ¾- to 1 ½-inch-wide webbing
- 1x buckle OR slide adjuster – to fit width of webbing
- OPTIONAL Wine Glass storage – 26 x inches of 2-inch-wide elastic
- OPTIONAL Accessory elastic for salt/ pepper/ bottle opener/ cheese knife/ etc – 5 x 3-inch-lengths of 1-inch-wide elastic
- OPTIONAL Cutlery Holder - 15 x inches of 1-inch-wide elastic
- OPTIONAL Blanket Holder – 4 x 3-inch-lengths of 1-inch-wide elastic
- OPTIONAL Side straps:
- 4 x 15 inches of ¾- to 1 ½-inch wide webbing
- 2x buckles – width to fit webbing
- Thread to match
- 7 - 9 x yards of 1.5-inch wide bias strips for binding dependant on size
- 2 x yards of 1-inch wide webbing for nylon straps and OPTIONAL handle
- 70 x 70 inches to 90 x 90 inches of polyester batting dependant on size
- 2x Plastic /metal buckle and triglide slide with a 1-inch opening.
- OPTIONAL basting spray
- Thread to match
- Sewing machine
- Pins or clips
- Tape measure or ruler
- Zipper foot
- Optional washaway sewing tape
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.
“The picnic backpack is such a fun design. All the compartments and places to put your picnic essentials are really great. Plan on taking a couple of days sewing, and you’ll have a super useful backpack.
Buy More Credits