Bubble Sleeve Cardie Sewing Pattern
A loose-fitting cardigan with oversized features, the Bubble Sleeve Cardie is big on style and comfort. Features blouson sleeves, a deep band and hem, side slits, and optional pockets, oversized hood, and fun “bubble” trim for the sleeves.
Instant download digital sewing pattern. Includes sizes XXS-5XL
- Optional pockets
- Optional oversized hood
- Optional bobble or pompom “bubble” trim
- Beginner friendly
- Dropped shoulders
- Oversized, roomy fit
- Blouson sleeves – oversized and gathered into a cuff
- Deep band and hem
- Side slits
- Packed with pro tips and expert advice
- Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
- Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
- Instant-download digital sewing pattern
Fabric - Your cardie fabric needs to be a stretch /knit fabric. It can be any weight; however, best results and fit will be achieved with a medium or light weight fabric. You can use a 2 or 4-way stretch.
- OPTIONAL 1/2 yard of clear elastic to stabilize the shoulders if using a very stretchy fabric
- OPTIONAL ready-to-use bobbles
- OPTIONAL handmade bobbles:
- Approximately 0.25 yards (60 inch / 150cm wide) of faux fur
- Stuffing like polyfill, batting, or fabric scraps
- OPTIONAL embroidery floss for securing the bobble if using faux fur.
- OPTIONAL ready-to-use pompoms
- OPTIONAL handmade pompoms:
- Approximately 1 ball/ skein of yarn
- OR any non-fraying fabric (e.g., felt, fleece, lycra, fake fur, leather, yarn suiting), or use any other ribbon or trim you like.
- OR ribbon, cord, or any decorative trim you like
- Thread to match
- Sewing machine
- Pins or clips
- Tape measure or ruler
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.
“I opted to make the hooded version and added 7 inches before the side slits. Love the way the neckband hugs your neck (so cosy) and the hood is lovely and big. The sleeves are spectacular and the overall effect is stylish, easy to sew and wear – a truly satisfying sew!”