Belt Loop Bag
$9.50 (or 1 credits)
The Belt Loop Bag is a small bag that can be attached directly to the belt loops on a pair of pants or attached to the optional adjustable strap to be used as a purse or bag.
The bag has a zippered closure at the top and a zipper pocket on the front. An optional storage pocket can be added on the inside and divided into two smaller pockets allowing you to just “slip” items into the pocket. An optional vinyl pocket on the back is the perfect place for your ID.
Instant download digital sewing pattern. The finished bag is 6.5 inches wide by 5.5 inches high.
• Optional adjustable strap
• Optional vinyl ID pocket
• Beginner friendly
• Attaches to belt loops or optional adjustable strap
• Zipper closure at the top
• Zipper pocket on the front
• Slip pocket inside
• Packed with pro tips and expert advice
• Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
• Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
• Instant-download digital sewing pattern
- You will need a woven or non-stretch fabric. Cotton, quilting cotton, denim, cotton lawn, canvas or upholstery fabric would work. You could use a faux leather/leather or suede, but you will need the correct machine and needle to work with this fabric as there are lots of layers that need sewing together.
- OPTIONAL ID Pocket: Bias Binding - Double fold Bias Binding that is 1/4 inch when finished. You can buy/make 1/4 inch wide double fold bias binding or 1/2 inch wide single fold bias binding and fold it down the center line. Approximately 1/2 yard will be sufficient.
- 2 x 7.5 inch Zipper
- NOTE - A longer zipper can be used and trimmed down to size.
- 2 x 1/2 inch swivel clasp hardware
- OPTIONAL Strap 2x 1 inch D rings
- NOTE - OPTIONAL - 2x 1 inch O rings
- OPTIONAL Strap 1x 1 inch Slider
- Vinyl for OPTIONAL ID Pocket - 1x small 6" square piece will be sufficient
- Thread to match
- Sewing machine
- Pins or clips
- Tape measure or ruler
- Serger/Overlocker is optional but not required.
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.
“Very quick to sew, easy and you will want to make them in every color & print! ”
Buy More Credits
Kelly Tuttle –
Very quick to sew, easy and you will want to make them in every color & print!
Nali Nali –
This is such a fun sew! The Belt Loop Bag is simply the best pouch to be hanging on the loops. Size is just nice and the bag is functional to carry a few item while keeping the hands free.
Debbie Groves –
The Belt Loop Bag is a fun little sew. It is great for keeping your precious items close to you. I wish it was a bit bigger to hold my cell phone as well.
Leesa Burr-Bates –
PERFECT SIZE little bag for when you don’t feel like dragging your big purse! You can just clip it on your belt loops or clip on the strap and out the door you go!
Easy sew, easy directions! Will be making many of these for gifts those year! So cute!
Branka Čelić –
Very quick and easy pattern, and so useful little belt bag. You can add belt too, I omit that this time. Great for gifting loved ones too.
Angie Pilsworth –
Super quick and easy project. Ideal for when you can’t take a normal bag with you. As it snaps on to your belt loops.
Charlotte Booth –
Nice little bag good scrap buster
Sonia BARBERET DEBOVE –
Belt loop bag is a quick sewing, and very practical. I can wear it around the waist or across the body. I appreciate being able to take the minimum with me: my car keys, my credit card, my driving license and my phone.
Carolyn Jurick Taylor –
This was a fun, easy weekend sew. After playing around with it, I figured it out. I will be making more of these, but I’ll make them larger so my phone will fit in it.
Stephanie Springer Leddy –
This was a really straightforward sew – just make sure you do as advised and stitch SLOWLY when there are lots of layers! It came together quickly and is large enough to hold a phone, keys, and some money… perfect for a quick trip. It would be easy to hack by omitting one of the side tabs and turning into a wristlet with a wrist loop too.
Holly Morales –
This was such a fun and easy bag to sew up! My son was looking for an “Adventurer’s Pouch” to complete his Link (Legend of Zelda) cosplay outfit and this was exactly his description! He loves it and I had a blast creating it for him. We both love the cool little pockets for treasures!