Basic Underwear Sewing Pattern
(or 1 credits)
This comfortable underwear pattern fits well and has full bum coverage. There are three rise options, optional elastic and band finishes, as well as the option of having unlined or fully lined knickers.
Instant download digital sewing pattern. Includes Women’s sizes 1-10 & Women’s Curvy sizes 6C-15C.
- Three rise options: low (hipster), mid (belly-button), and high (waist)
- Optional elastic: picot, fold-over, and fully-enclosed
- Optional band finishes
- Optional lining including lining with power mesh to give additional tummy support
- Optional decorative bow
- Beginner friendly
- Full bum coverage
- Packed with pro tips and expert advice
- Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
- Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
- Instant-download digital sewing pattern
Fabric - You will need a stretch/knit fabric. It can be any weight; however, best results and fit will be achieved with a medium weight fabric such as jersey or cotton lycra.
- Both 4-way stretch and 2-way stretch fabrics will work. For 2-way stretch fabrics, take care to place the pattern pieces as indicated for the grainlines so that the stretch runs at right angles to the grainline.
- Your fabric will need to have at least 40% stretch to get the fit as it's designed.
- The stretch recovery of your fabric is just as important as the stretch percentage. This will ensure your underwear maintains its shape and fit for as long as possible and not become baggy.
Browse suitable fabrics here:
You will also need:
- Elastic OPTIONS ⅜ inch wide - approximately 2.2 yards will be sufficient for all sizes:
- Picot Elastic
- OR Encased Elastic - use Knitted or Lingerie Elastic
- OR Fold Over Elastic
- OPTIONAL Decorative bow - 1x small lingerie satin bow
- Thread to match
- Sewing machine
- Pins or clips
- Ruler or tape measure
- Serger/Overlocker is optional but not required.
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.