Basic Thong Sewing Pattern
This quick and easy to sew thong pattern is well fitting and comfortable. There are three rise options, the option of elastic or band finishes, and optional lining.
Instant download digital sewing pattern. Includes Women’s sizes 1-10 & Women’s Curvy sizes 6C-15C.
- Three rise options: low (hipster), mid (belly button), and high (waist)
- Optional elastic finish: picot, fold-over, and fully-enclosed
- Optional band finish
- Optional lining, including lining with power mesh will give additional tummy support
- Beginner friendly
- Quick and easy
- Packed with pro tips and expert advice
- Includes full size, print-at-home pattern pieces
- Includes step-by-step tutorial with photos
- Instant-download digital sewing pattern
- Both 4-way stretch and 2-way stretch fabrics will work. For 2-way stretch fabrics, take care to place the pattern pieces as indicated for the grainlines so that the stretch runs at right angles to the grainline.
- Your fabric will need to have at least 40% stretch to get the fit as it's designed.
- The stretch recovery of your fabric is just as important as the stretch percentage. This will ensure your underwear maintains its shape and fit for as long as possible and not become baggy.
- Elastic OPTIONS ⅜ inch wide - approximately 4 yards will be sufficient for all sizes:
- Picot Elastic
- OR Encased Elastic - use Knitted or Lingerie Elastic
- OR Fold Over Elastic
- You can use Stretch Lace for the Waistband only but bear in mind the height you use will add height to the rise of the thong.
- OPTIONAL Decorative bow - 1x small lingerie satin bow
- Thread to match
- Sewing machine
- Pins or clips
- Ruler or tape measure
- Serger/Overlocker is optional but not required.
How do PDF/ digital patterns work? Simply download, print, and sew. You’ll need a free Adobe Acrobat reader program and any home printer (or a nearby copy shop for A0 printing). Once you’ve printed the pieces, tape or glue them together. You’ll find an easy-to-follow how-to guide inside the pattern instructions, plus support in our Facebook group.
The trim-free pattern comes in A4 or US letter printable sizes and includes full pattern pieces and a detailed tutorial to guide you every step of the way. An A0 format (pattern pieces only) is also included should you wish to have your pattern printed professionally. PDF Layers allow you to select and print only the size/s you want/ need.
When will I get my patterns? You’ll receive a link to download your patterns immediately after purchase. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/ junk folder. You can also find your patterns in your ‘My Account’ area..
What if I need help while sewing? Join our Facebook group and ask any and all the questions you have! We have a team of admins who know our patterns inside-out and are here to help at any point throughout your RP sewing experience. This wonderful community is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to help! You can share photos of your RP sews, enter giveaways, get sales information, and new-release updates.
“Such a quick and easy sew. The most comfortable thongs!!”
Buy More Credits