Scarves are such a great accessory to add dimension and texture to a great capsule wardrobe; but quite frankly, some scarves are just unruly and it can be confusing how to tie or wear some. A recent Pinterest scan revealed a very adorable solution: a scarf cuff! A bit of work later and here is a cute free scarf cuff tutorial for you!
This little beauty is an accessory for your accessory. Not only is it darling, but it’s functional, too. Plus with absolutely no modification it makes a great purse charm too.
Here’s how to make one of your own:
What You’ll Need
- Supplies – Purchase (or gather) your pretties and closures.
- Fabric – Leather, faux leather, felt, etc. The cuff uses less than a 5” x 11” piece of fabric, so this is a great scrap buster. You could even use a woven fabric with a bit of interfacing.
- Closure – At least two sets of metal or plastic snaps. While this tutorial pictures snaps, you could easily use Velcro, buttons, or even magnets!
To download your pattern pieces and full tutorial, click here:
- Print the pattern. There is one rectangle for the band and five graded flower shapes. If you have a cutting machine (Cricut, Silhouette, etc.), the provided pattern works great as an imported image.
- Cut your pieces. You can simply use one layer of each size or even layer several flowers of each size for a more substantial look. If you are using a woven fabric: cut two rectangles with an added seam allowance, sew right-sides-together, turn right-sides-out, and topstitch).
1. Pierce or punch each flower.
2. Layer the flowers and secure together.
3. Pierce or punch the center of the band and attach the opposite piece of the closure used in Step 2 above, making sure the flower and the band connect/snap together.
4. Pierce or punch each end of the band and attach a closure to each end, making sure they connect/snap together.
Celebrate! You did it!
Wear your me-made scarf cuff proudly, and please be sure to share your creation on Mummykins & Me’s Facebook page to inspire others to make their own scarf cuff – or bracelet, or purse charm … the possibilities are endless!
And check out the FREE Mummykins & Me infinity scarf tutorial for two-times the fun!