What you’ll need:
- Cape-tastic pattern
- 1.5 diameter styrofoam balls
- Spray paint
- 2 small cups
- 1 pack white pipe cleaners
- Glue gun
Start by picking your colors … for this instructions, I used red and black.
1. Cut foam ball in half, use spray paint to paint balls (make sure you are in a well ventilated area). Allow 30 minutes to dry.
2. Cut body of cape as directed in the pattern.
3. Cut 2.5 inches of black fabric using cape bottom as a reference, not adding any length, and stitch it to the bottom of the cape.
4. Cut 2 pieces ½ inch strips of black fabric and stitch them to the top of cape, following the curve with a zig zag stitch.
5. Cut hood to match body color (red), leaving about 4.5 inches off the bottom. Then cut a 4.5 inches piece of black fabric, using pattern as reference, and top stitch.
6. Stitch the 2 pieces together and continue as directed on the pattern.
7. Arrange and glue black half circle foam balls as desired between the top and bottom strips of black on the cape.
8. Glue small cups on the hood where the eyes go.
9. Take 2 pipe cleaners and glue to the back of one painted half circle. Do this twice.
10. Take one and glue onto the hood where the nose would go (I added a circle of yellow felt to make it look like a light).
11. Take the 2nd one and glue between the 2 stripes at the top of cape.
12. Take 5 pipe cleaners to create a mixer paddle, glue to the other side of the top of the cape.