The 2021 Beginner Sewing Summit
The 2021 Beginner Sewing Summit is quickly approaching! With over 40 classes from 40+ teachers, this is the online sewing event of the year. Learn the basics and new skills while completing fun projects like fashion, home decor, and cute accessories. Your friends and family will love your new skills as you show off your finished projects! Attend the Beginner Sewing Summit from May 3rd – 7th FREE!
Can’t attend the live event? Check out our VIP All Access Pass for access all year long!Free registration
The 2021 Beginner sewing Summit by the numbers
Hours of Instruction
Cost to Attend
VIP All Access Pass only $59
What People Are Saying About Our Summits…
“I LOVE THIS SUMMIT!!!! Thank you so much for getting top-notch instructors and providing a great variety of classes…
…I can’t thank you enough for providing such a positive summit in these lockdown, worrisome times.”
“This is all organised very well, clear emails with all the details we needed to know before the classes, class email links arrived on time, all class links worked and in a similar format with easy to follow and detailed tutorials.
Very impressed with the whole set up, and free too. Brilliant, thank you for all work in getting it all up and running.”
– Susan C.
“Such fun and so many new helpful tips and patterns! I’m having a ball…and all so easy to access…and did I mention how thrilled I am that it’s all FREE!”
– Donna S.
Little Lizard King
Elise is the graphic designer and illustrator for Little Lizard King Sewing Pattern Company. She learned to sew when her oldest daughter was a toddler, and never turned back! Any spare moment she has is spent drawing or sewing, and, almost certainly, with a true crime podcast playing in her ear.
That’s Sew Monica
Known in the sewing community as That’s Sew Monica, born and raised in NYC with roots from Ghana, West Africa, she took up sewing to connect to her late mother. Monica has a passion for sewing and the community. She is one of the owners of Sewrority Wear, LLC a sewing apparel company. She hosts a monthly Instagram sew-a-long called SEWYOURVIEW, a monthly in-person sewing meetup called Project Sew, and “On the Road” YouTube series where she highlights the Dallas sewing industry. Monica’s leadership led her to form Black Makers Matter, a coalition of black makers united to bring about and implement cultural transformation.
Sew Mark Francis
Mark’s sewing experiences began quite late in life, but his relationship with sewing began when he was a small child. His grandparents were amateur sewers and owned an ancient treadle-powered Singer sewing machine. It was around this time that his lifelong passion for Doctor Who also began. He dreamt of one day making his own Doctor Who costumes, but never had the skills or confidence to attempt such projects. As an adult, the desire to learn to sew never left him. While many years passed, he finally gained the confidence to learn how to use a sewing machine…and now the learning never ends! While the treadle Singer has long left the family, his passion for making clothes and costumes remains (especially when he can take inspiration from Doctor Who).
What to Expect at the
2021 Beginner Sewing Summit
- 40+ Classes featuring tips and techniques from designers, influencers, and more.
- Learn New Skills – Learn the basics of sewing (or brush up on new techniques) while making fun projects in fashion, home decor, and more!
- Exclusive Access to our private Facebook Group. Meet others from the Summit and share your projects, ask questions, and make new friends around the globe.
- Online Classes – Take classes on your Mobile, Tablet, or Desktop – from virtually anywhere in the world!
Learn From Over 40 World Class Instructors
Meet the host – rebecca page
Rebecca Page is the CEO & Founder of Rebecca Page, Ltd.
As a child, Rebecca loved to sew (she even dreamed of sewing her wedding dress). But, as the years passed, she was disappointed with the paper patterns that everyone was using – they tore easily, the instructions were difficult to follow, and they never fit quite right.
After becoming a mum to 3 children, Rebecca started drafting her own patterns solving many of the problems she had faced. It wasn’t long before others started wanting her patterns and Rebecca Page, Ltd. was born.
Rebecca Page, Ltd. is now a global powerhouse in the sewing industry with a community of over 750,000. She is proud to employ a fully-remote team of 30+ employees around the world.
A Few sample Projects You’ll create
FIVE Days of Hands-On Learning
MONDAY, May 3rd
- Welcome by Rebecca Page
- Getting to Know Your Sewing Machine by Randie Dodman
- Needle Basics by Chaney Mobley
- Beginners How To Draft Pattern and Sew a Cactus Pillow by Amanda Lee Arguellez
- Stylish Pillow Shams by Tori James
- Buttons, and Snaps and Bar Tacks, Oh My! by Sarah Parkhurst
- Unicorn Pillow SAL by Rebecca Page
- Circle Flare Skirt with a Big Bow by Nwokoye Ifeoma
- Learn to Sew a Reversible Pinafore by Elise Ribeira
- Sew an Easy Midi Skirt with Maven Patterns by Eve & Sharon
TUESDAY, May 4th
- Presser Feet Basics by Chaney Mobley
- Understand Fabric Anatomy and Pattern Layout by Chelsea Briner
- Child’s Dress – Make your own Pattern by Becky Colwell
- Hemming 101 by Elise Chase-Sinclair
- Upcycling Shirt Dress “Carla” by Birgit Siani
- Take-along Tablet Pouch: how to make a simple sew pouch for your tablet by Elizabeth Farr
- Statement Scrunchies Headband by Rebecca Oburotha
- Gentleman’s Tie by Mark Francis
- Avocado Plushie by Jennifer Nicolella
WEDNESDAY, May 5th
- Notions & Tools Basics by Chaney Mobley
- Sewing a cushion cover with a Zipper by Josie Magoola
- Intro to Zippers + Sew a Boxy Zippered Pouch by Nicole Seafolk
- Rosy Ribbons Pouch: How to sew an easy zipper bag then make it more awesome with gorgeous ribbons by Elizabeth Farr
- Fundamental Hand Sewing Techniques for Beginners by Jas Key-Wade
- Spring Rain Handsew Hoop Art by Betsy Koestler
- Mini Cross Body Bag by Imaz Zaman
- Fabric Postcards by Sarah Miller
- Easy Woven Shorts by Christina Albeck
THURSDAY, May 6th
- Measurement Basics by Chaney Mobley
- Serger Basics with the Paris Party Top by Jenni Early
- Quick & Easy Gathers With the Serger by Nakisha Smith
- Easy-to-make Pockets you can add on to any garment! by Jill Coppock
- Toronto Tee Sewalong and Pocket Tips by Nastasia Morris
- Super Simple Sleepshorts with Crafty Sew & So by Sarah and Freya
- Ankara (African Wax Print) Tote Bag by Monica Tetteh
- Key Fob Wristlet by Shaina Mack
FRIDAY, May 7th
- Closing by Rebecca Page
- Grading Basics for Adult and Kids by Chaney Mobley
- Custom-Fit Paper Bag Waist Skirt by Connie Lusto
- Circle Skirts: From Pattern Drafting to Sewing by Katherine Harris
- All About Elastic by Amelia Keating
- Simple and Satisfying Outdoor Planter Bags by Cortney Swayne
- How to Make a Double Circle Tulle Skirt by Tino Motloung
- Sew Dolly Sew by Tiffany Amos
- Hanging Circle Pillow by Amelia Keating
Don’t miss the 2021 Beginner Sewing Summit!
The 2021 Beginner Sewing Summit is a virtual class series dedicated to learning how to sew. It features 40+ classes from sewing influencers, bloggers, and designers that you can take at home on your schedule. It’s a great way to learn new skills, tips, and tricks to become a more confident maker. Learn the basics of sewing (or brush up on new techniques) while making fun projects in fashion, home decor, and more! This summit is perfect for the beginner and is filled with helpful info for all levels.
The 2021 Beginner Sewing Summit will be held online from May 3rd – 7th.
Each day, classes will begin at 9am ET (New York). Once the classes begin, you’ll be able to stream them for 24 hours. Since all of the classes for the day will go live at the same time, you will be able to take them in the order that works best for you. They will be live for 24 hours to accommodate global time zones.
Can’t attend during the live week? Check out our VIP All Access Pass which will give you access to all of the classes on demand for one year! You’ll also receive other exclusive benefits.
In order to reach the global maker community, the 2021 Beginner Sewing Summit is held online. Once you register, you will get an email each day of the event with links to the classes. Our instructors are from all around the world!
Anyone can attend the 2021 Beginner Sewing Summit during the live event for FREE! To make sure the maker community around the world has the opportunity to take class, each day’s classes will be posted for 24 hours after they launch.
Can’t attend during the live sessions? Check out our VIP All Access Pass which gives you a full year of access to the Summit for only $59!
Our FREE pass will allow you access during the live event (May 3rd – 7th). Each day’s classes will be live for 24 hours.
If you would like to access replays of the event, our VIP All Access Pass includes all of the Summit classes for one year. If you are unable to attend on the days of the classes, the $59 VIP All Access Pass is ideal. That’s roughly $1.50 per class for an entire year of classes!
The VIP All Access Pass is perfect for people who want more flexibility or want a little more time to practice the skills. For $59, you will get access to the full Summit for a full year. Stream as often as you like, wherever and whenever you want! Plus, you’ll receive some additional Exclusive VIP bonuses!
With over 40 classes in the Beginner Sewing Summit, the VIP All Access Pass is only $1.50 per class for an entire year of classes.
Rebecca Page holds summits throughout the year on a variety of craft genres. The 2021 Beginner Sewing Summit is dedicated to improving your sewing skills. You’ll learn the basics of sewing (or brush up on new techniques) while making fun projects in fashion, home decor, and more!! We will have a blend of technique classes and project based classes throughout the week.
Class lengths vary based on the subject matter, but most classes are between 30-60 minutes. We have segmented the classes into smaller pieces to make it easier to re-watch segments while you sew.
Each day of the Summit, an email will be sent to all registered attendees with a link for that day’s classes. Simply click on the link to be able to participate in that day’s classes. During the Summit, each day’s classes will be available for 24 hours.
Please note, if you unsubscribe from Rebecca Page emails, we will NOT be able to send you daily emails.
Want to access classes after the summit? Check out our VIP All Access Pass.
Each class will have a basic list of supplies highlighted on the class page. Because this is a sewing summit, you will need sewing basics such as a sewing machine, fabric, needles, thread to complete the projects or practice the techniques that will be demonstrated.